Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I can't hardly stand it!

Options
Do you know how hard it is to sit in my living room next to my Xmas tree when there's a package under it that I know is a Mini Max? It's gotta be! I just know it. In two days I will become a 2 Egg owner! Can't friggin wait! The MM will compliment my XL perfectly. Now, I just gotta figure out what to cook on it 1st.
My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax

Comments

• johnkitchens
    Options
    Now that would be very hard! On a side note your wife or kids or whomever gave it to you rocks! 

I hope you got them something nice. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Steak on Christmas Eve
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    RickyBobby said:  Now, I just gotta figure out what to cook on it 1st.
    Congradulations on the new MM. A awesome gift for sure. For your first cook may I suggest this ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RickyBobby
    Options
    @SGH ~ not sure that would fit on my MM
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    That's awesome Ricky Bobby.  I hope it is the Mini Max you desire.  XL and Mini Max is an awesome combination.  Christmas night steaks would be on the menu.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• RickyBobby
    Options
    You fellas are right ... I will now be able to perform a forward seer effortlessly using my 2 Eggs. Steaks it is for the inaugural cook!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @SGH ~ not sure that would fit on my MM
    I was just messing with you brother. A attempt at humor. Again congratulations on the MM.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    Options
    The minimax should be a fantastic addition to the XL. The minimax  seems its more geared to grilling for smaller portions.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Maybe totally OT. When I was in my early teens I wanted a football. Figured a particular package was the winner. Carefully opened it and score! Me and few buddy's met up at a snowy field in shorts and our Turner Gill, Mike Rozier & Irving Fryar jerseys and played a game of pickup till we couldn't feel our toes. Afterward I put the ball back in the box and taped it up. It wasn't till a few years ago I told my Mother I did this (felt bad). But, that was an awesome game! B-)
    Ya ummm don't go opening the supposed MM and using it and repackaging it.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • RickyBobby
    Options
    I'm sure it's a MiniMax. I did all the dirty work for the wife and finally located one in the St.Louis area about 2 weeks ago. They're still hard to find around here. I told her if she was going to get me one she had to buy it from such and such dealer .... and do it quickly. BaHaHaHa! I was going to buy it with my fun money but figured I better wait until after Xmas. Glad I did now! She knew I was getting the MM one way or another. Lol! Dropped the subject after I located it in the area and come home tonight with it wrapped under the tree. I sure hope she likes what I got her as much as I'm happy with her present.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Maybe totally OT. When I was in my early teens I wanted a football. Figured a particular package was the winner. Carefully opened it and score! Me and few buddy's met up at a snowy field in shorts and our Turner Gill, Mike Rozier & Irving Fryar jerseys and played a game of pickup till we couldn't feel our toes. Afterward I put the ball back in the box and taped it up. It wasn't till a few years ago I told my Mother I did this (felt bad). But, that was an awesome game! B-) Ya ummm don't go opening the supposed MM and using it and repackaging it.

"why do the presents smell like smoke and meat?"

ummmm :-??
  • RickyBobby
    Options
    UPDATE: I accidentally grabbed the box when wife was in the other room and it feels very heavy ... yup, I got me a MM. Geez! I don't know who's worse. Me or my 7yr old son. I need to just stay out of our living room the next two days.
  • sodigthisbigcrux
    Options
    Dude, it's Weber Smokey Joe, 2 cinder blocks and literally a few lumps of coal!

j/k

Congrats man..you'll love it!
    Battle Ground, WA
    Large BGE,  MiniMax  and a Vision Kub.
    Could you call on Lady Day, could you call on John Coltrane?
  • RickyBobby
    Options

j/k

That would be just cruel ... doubt she'd have it in her to do that to me
  • RickyBobby
    Options
    ..... going to stop @ local butcher shop today on my way home from work and buy some nice steaks. I want to be ready for this new MiniMax! :D
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options
    Be sure you pay her back with a great meal!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options

j/k

That would be just cruel ... doubt she'd have it in her to do that to me

She would if it was really this type of gift and she had the MM hidden elsewhere in the house like the movie Christmas Story... :D
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • RickyBobby
    Options
    Be sure you pay her back with a great meal!

You bet! She'll get more than just one great meal ... prolly why she got it for me. Lol!
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options

it'll be worth the wait brother!

just have fun putting it together and heating it up.  such a great addition to the BBQ capabilities.

Egg On and then have some Egg NOG!

• KamadoDragon
    Options
    Do you know how hard it is to sit in my living room next to my Xmas tree when there's a package under it that I know is a Mini Max?
    Yes, yes I do... There is a large box in my living room that has the same dimensions as the box for a Large BGE...
    Cooks on: Large Big Green Egg

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @RickyBobby‌ @KamadoDragon‌
    Here they are unwrapped. ;))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    >:) The devil says peek. Lol
    Totally kidding. It's worth the wait. :)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • RickyBobby
    Options
    Present measures 20x20x19 (LxWxH) Lol! Too dang funny! Should I put it on a scale?
  • vettman
    Options
    Hate they came out with the MM after I bought my Mini.  That always happens to me though.  Have fun with the MM.  

Doug

LG, MiniMax BGE

• RickyBobby
    Options
    vettman said:
    Hate they came out with the MM after I bought my Mini.  That always happens to me though.  Have fun with the MM.  

Don't worry, I know your pain. I bought my current Dodge Ram truck brand new in 2002. Then for 2003 they introduced them with the Hemi motors. I am still pissed about that one! Oh well ... It's been a good truck. Still going strong!
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    @vettman‌ don't be mad about that I have both and would sell the MM before the mini. The MM really missed the whole light weight and portable boat. The things like 70 plus pounds and not easy to move around.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options

vettman said:

Don't worry, I know your pain. I bought my current Dodge Ram truck brand new in 2002. Then for 2003 they introduced them with the Hemi motors. I am still pissed about that one! Oh well ... It's been a good truck. Still going strong!

I did the same, but didn't bother me. The 360 is a proven workhorse and I personally belive it sounds better. Buddy has a 03 with the HemI with the same exhaus . We both belive mine sounds better. However, he does get better gas milage and more power.
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site