Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First go at Ribs

Doing baby backs for the first time on the egg. I am full blown addicted to Eggin. Been excited to cook these babies all morning and thought I was gonna get rained out. Also got my cyberQ Xmas gift early so trying that out.

Just put em on. Rubbed em with what I had left of my home-brew rub and some Dizzy Dust.

Now it's time to "marinate" my liver.. Hmmm IPA or winter lager?? Decisions, decisions!
BGE XL Woodlands, TX (Originally from Buffalo, NY but I got here as fast as I could)

Comments

• jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Looks like a good start. Can't wait to see the finished pics.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Looks like a winner. You've got the bug now for sure. Enjoy.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Gdfein
    Gdfein Posts: 60
    You know you've been bitten by the BGE when... While running my wife somewhere today for some "had to have" last minute Xmas something we passed a rural farm with a bunch of cows (dairy/cattle/other don't ask me, they were just cows that go moo) grazing near the road and I looked at them and thought to myself of all the different cooks I could do and I said to wife, "babe, how much do you think a whole cow costs?" "STOP!!" Was her reply.
    BGE XL Woodlands, TX (Originally from Buffalo, NY but I got here as fast as I could)
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Rained out?
    NOLA
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Looking good there, don't forget the finale pics.  Gotta a butt going as we speak, they are addicting. 
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Ribs done 3-2-1, each rack:
    • 3 hours unwrapped @ 225f
    • 2 hours wrapped tightly (air tight) in foil
    • 1 hour unwrapped.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• Gdfein
    @buzd504 - it was threatening to pour earlier today and I usually sit outside with the grill to " monitor things". This really means that I sit and drink beer and read a good book while being left alone for 4-5 hrs. I can't do that in the rain. :D
  • Welcome aboard..Those ribs look great..I am sure you could find yourself a quiet spot to enjoy your adult beverages. ;)..Once again a big welcome.. :-c
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    @Gdfein‌, a whole cow (dairy/cattle/other) costs much less than the sum of its parts purchased piecemeal at the meat market. Only thing is you'll need a big freezer. I say go for it! Good luck!! :D
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • Gdfein
    Some friends joining the party!
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Welcome
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • Gdfein
    edited December 2014
    Money shots. Flavor was perfect. Some of the interior ribs needed a little longer.

I went 4.5hr indirect at 250. No crutch. Sauced in last hour.

Always thought the crutch would hurt the crisp bark I love but I'm betting it would have gotten me a little more tender overall. Family gave the effort an 8.5.

The poppers were yummy too but so spicy. Stuffed with mix of cream cheese, shred cheddar, parm, diced cooked bacon and some seasoning.
  • GoVols
    GoVols Posts: 216
    Looks great...Welcome aboard.
    Tim Rickman,Tn.
  • Did you de seed your peppers? Ribs look great BTW.