Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Breakfast on the Egg This Morning

It was freezing outside (52° in the Coop) but I was determined to weather the weather and cook breakfast on the Egg, more specifically, the Egg with my Lodge Pizza Cooking Thing.  

Someone mentioned they had one and asked what else could be cooked on it. I thought, breakfast for sure but I would need to try it first. Today was the first time it was used for anything but pizza. Performed flawlessly.

Here's some photos:

imageDSC02518 by springchickentexas, on Flickr

First the biscuits. Yeah I know they are not real Texas biscuits but hey, it's cold outside...

imageDSC02519 by springchickentexas, on Flickr

Done in about 11 minutes with butter brushed on top.

imageDSC02521 by springchickentexas, on Flickr

Magnum Loads sliced 1/2" thick and heated (they were already cooked)

imageDSC02522 by springchickentexas, on Flickr

Now the Eggs.

imageDSC02524 by springchickentexas, on Flickr

Eggs over medium.

imageDSC02525 by springchickentexas, on Flickr

Plated with some Scupernong Jelly from Georgia Mtn Eggfest. (really good)

imageDSC02531 by springchickentexas, on Flickr

Those biscuits weren't that great but I ate four to make sure. Everything else was just another breakfast here at the Chicken Ranch.

Happy 4th Day Before Christmas.

Spring "How Soon To Lunch" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Hell Leroy, my Doctor wants a word with you :)]
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Whats a magnum load?

Little Rock, AR

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    52°?!!! You poor thing!! Are you alright?  =)) If it was 52 here, I'd be out in a T-shirt. Though not cooking breakfast on the egg.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Looks like you started out early with having some fun with the egg.   I'll get a late start.
    Merry Christmas.
  • Whats a magnum load?

=))
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • BBQJIM
    BBQJIM Posts: 106
    Yum that looks gooood
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Came for one of those pizza omelet things you cook.....stayed for the eggs and biscuits.
    Seattle, WA
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Looks delicious, nice egghead breakfast for sure!
    :-bd
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • Biggreenpharmacist  A Magnum Load is something I came up with one day when I was very bored.  The first time we served it was at the Georgia Mountain Eggfest two or three years ago. 

Here's the recipe:

Take a one pound link of your favorite smoked sausage and cut it crossways about every inch.  You should come up with about 16 of 'em.  Then take an apple corer and remove a slug from the center, leaving a hole from one end to the other.  Set the slug aside.

Place a Little Smokey cocktail sausage in the hole,

Now take some Jimmy Dean Hot pork sausage in the 1 pound tube, slice it into 8 slices of even thickness.  You will need two pounds if you intend to do all 16 stuffed smoked sausages.

Wrap the JD pork sausage completely around each of the stuffed smoked sausages trying toe evenly cover them.

Now, wrap each stuffed and covered smoked sausage with thin sliced bacon end to end.  You may need a couple of toothpicks here.  Stretch the bacon to fit.

Now cook direct (with constant attention and repositioning the Magnum Loads) or indirect (if you want to devote some time to cooking something else or watching TV).  Both methods are great.  Indirect just takes a bit longer.

Cook until the bacon is done.  The inside should easily be 160° to 165° by then.  T

Take off, let rest (cool) a bit, slice crossways into two, three or four pieces to serve.  I got about five slices, plus the end pieces out of a single Magnum Load.

Tastes wonderful. 

My cardiologist told me it was okay.  Well, what he actually said was for me to keep doing what I'm doing because it's working.  I didn't tell him about the Magnum Loads, Mexican food,.Cheetos, Rum and Cokes, etc.

Try it.  I think you will like it.  Oh, and those slugs you cored out of the smoked sausage cook up nice by themselves, or wrapped in bacon, or wrapped in pork sausage, or any combination of the above.

Spring "