Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What'd you ask for, for Chrismas...

Options
124»

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I want to order a custom veggie board but wont have it for Christmas. 3-4 month wait right now. Guess the baby is all I'm getting.
  • flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    Options
    SkinnyV said:
    We just splurged on Sonos gear (wireless music setup) whole house is outfitted. All I can say is wow! Our Xmas to one another is done now kids and nieces/nephews

I saw this at a friend's house and all I can say is WOW WOW!!!!  Gonna get one sometime.
    Milton, GA.
  • keepervodeflame
    Options
    We do a rotating family gift thing. I really don't need anything, but since a request is required, I asked for a couple  stainless racks and a 16" stone from CGS. 
  • badinfluence
    Options
    I didn't ask for much. Just the mini max, a new macro lense for my camera, a new flash for my camera, and a new vitamix blender. Figured why push it as I just bought a new jeep. Oh who are we kidding i bought everything above so I know what will be under the tree this year for me.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    @UncleFred, what is that thing?  A doughnut maker? 

I got myself something splurgy already for Christmas.  It's not quite a Sonos system, but I got the new Amazon Echo:

It's a powered speaker that connects to your Wifi, and understands your speech like a Siri or Catorna.  When I say "Alexa,", she awakens and replies to me, I can ask her the weather, how many teaspoons in a tablespoon, set an alarm for 6:00 the next morning, or play any style of music in the Amazon cloud (and this includes any CD I've purchased through Amazon, which is essentially all of the the last 5 years or so).  Reminds me of Captain Kirk asking "Computer, what's the ...."  It was also neat to set a timer for 45 minutes for the oven vocally, while there was still food all over my hands.  Pretty cool item, it makes me smile every time I use it, and I wish I had several in different places in the house.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options
    A LG BGE and I got it!!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @botch did you do the Prime invite thing? That's how I got mine. I love the Prime Music factor, as I get most of my tunes the same way. Sure the speaker isn't the best, but its a hell of a lot better than my phone when I'm streaming instead of listening the CD on my stereo.
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Thanks to some suggestions in THIS thread.   I have several egg items on my list.

I already spied the ceramicgrillstore box that the brown elf brought to the door in his big brown truck sled.  So I think I'm good on the AR.   ;)

And honestly, I asked for a bunch of things and forgot all I listed, so hopefully I get surprised with some other items like a dutch oven and a smokeware cap.  
    LBGE/Maryland
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Eggcelsior said: @botch did you do the Prime invite thing? That's how I got mine. I love the Prime Music factor, as I get most of my tunes the same way. Sure the speaker isn't the best, but its a hell of a lot better than my phone when I'm streaming instead of listening the CD on my stereo. -
    -
    -

I tried the Prime invite thing, but as of now never got an "Invite"  :(  A buddy on my audiophile forum got an Invite, changed his mind, and offered to send it to me for a $100 check; that's how I got one.  Would love to know the criteria Amazon used to select who got one, I certainly spend a lot of money with them....  :-??

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• UncleFred
    Options
    Botch said:
    Ya, it's a Lil' Orbits mini donut machine.  They make mini Cinnamon sugar donuts...all day long.
    They always have a booth a the County fair.  It's a tradition to get a dozen fresh hot donuts and a cold milk.
    This last year they were charging $5 a dozen!!  ...and still had a line of people waiting to buy em.
    ;;) >:D<
    San Diego, CA - Where I've mastered Curmudgeon..working on Recluse.
  • Lit
    Options
    I am going to "look" at some Backwoods smokers tomorrow.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I went shopping this morning. I told my wife I needed to find something for her for Christmas. I brought home a food processor to wrap up for her.

I can't wait to see the look of disappointment on her face when she opens it and pretends to appreciate it. She was complaining this year when making the scallop potatoes, so I figured this should be the tool to solve that problem. :D 

She will say she appreciates it, then I'll tell her to look inside, where she will find 2 tickets to see the Piano Guys.

This is what she really wants, me to take her to see the Piano Guys when they are in town. But I threw a fit that it is on my birthday and I really don't want to sit through a Piano Guys concert. She bought it and has been dropping other ideas for me. :D 

Edit: I had to remove the pics. I shared them from my Google+ account and linked them. I then realized my wife would be getting a Google+ notice that I shared a post. Maybe not the best idea...

Oh, and brown Santa delivered this today.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @Lit - Which one did you look at, and how did that turn out for you?

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Lit
    Options
    @DMW‌ they are really nice looking smokers. I was pretty much set and thought I could get by with a Chubby G2 with a stand and had the go ahead but then I got to the dealers house and some of the other models looked so much nicer. I retreated and went home and sold my large egg and put my KJ Jr on CL and am going to get the Fatboy I think.
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    Zmokin said:
    So I gave my wife a list which included the kickash basket and the PSwoo2-CI.

I don't know if it was on purpose or if it was an accident but she left her two computer printed receipts on the printer, i didn't say anything to her.  But as Santa hasn't bought me anything yet, I just splurged on the A-Maze-N smoker.  It's dicey but it should arrive in time for me to wrap it and put it under the tree Xmas Eve.

A very merry Xmas for me, and I'm not breaking the bank.
    The A-Maze-N smoker arrived in time to wrap it and put it under the tree.
    And today I installed the Kickash basket and immediately thought of how easy it will be now to remove the lump when I want to cold smoke.  Just pull out the kickash basket, put in the OEM grate and the A-Maze-N and it's ready to cold smoke, no fear of the lump catching and raising the temp too high.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    My sis-in-law gave me a 10 1/2 inch ribbed Lodge skillet. I have a large egg. I just bought a 7 qt. Lodge DO at the Roswell Hardware event. I think I want to a larger skillet - no ribbed -  for Egg use. 

Not sure how much I can do with a small robbed square skillet. 

Thoughts?
    New Albany, Ohio