Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smokeware Thermometer test last night

Options

Install took 5 mins on my mini. Calibration was dead on out of the box. Much easier to read, binds on the cap on the mini. Not a problem on my Large BGE. Temps agreed with my Thermapen. 
1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein

Comments

• egger ave
    Options
    Smokeware thermometer follow-up, yes the thermometer can be calibrated. Works great for 4 cooks so far.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Just got mine tonight. Really like it. Feels solid and well built. Dead on temp right out of the box. Very nice.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    How long is the stem on this thermo? Also, how does it look in terms of how the ring/metal seals around the glass face?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Do you have any pics side-by-side with the original.? I'd like a bigger thermo so I can see it better from my window.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    Do you have any pics side-by-side with the original.? I'd like a bigger thermo so I can see it better from my window.
    Here ya' go:
  • egger ave
    Options
    Gasket and shorter probe on Smokeware thermometer. 

Albert Einstein
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Thanks @egret‌ and @egger ave‌, looks like quite a bit of difference. Looks like a win, win choice. Big display and shorter probe.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • egger ave
    Options
    I am ordering another one for my Large BGE, will bring it to the Saldo Eggfest.

Albert Einstein
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Thanks for the pics. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • AUCE
    AUCE Posts: 890
    Options
    Think that's a must have..keep the bge as backup

I would much rather be able to say I was glad I did than wished I had........

XL owner and purveyor of pallette perfection...

Homosassa....Mecca of Florida

• johnmitchell
    Options
    @egger ave.......Here I was minding my own business just reading different posts..The next thing I know I am on Amazon ordering a Smokeware Thermometer....You guys are killing me.. Sounded like a must have.. \:D/
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....