Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone have success pre-making ribs?

Options
Seattle Todd
Seattle Todd Posts: 227
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For the big game I'd love to do ribs Saturday and serve them Sunday in addition to the rest of the smorgasboard. I'm wondering if anyone has tried this with good results. If so what are the tricks? How do you store them, how to best re-heat, etc?[p]Todd

Comments

• bbqwizard
    Options
    Smoke and Beers,[p]I have done this many times, and plan to do just what you have stated.[p]One thing that I do: Cook the ribs as usual, with one exception. During the last hour cook them bone side up. This will pool the fat and juice in the cavity. Pull them off and place on a tray, being careful not to dump the juice. As they rest, the juice will settle its self back into the meat. After they've cooled a bit put them into the fridge (don't cover them!)[p]to re-heat: Grill them babies! I like to bring them up to temp slowly, them blast them for a short time to get a little char. There's always the oven. 350- till hot, slower if you wish. You can also crank the heat to 500 or more. Place the ribs on a foil lined tray and pour sauce on liberally. When the sauce bubble on top- it's done (did this method at a restaurant I use to work at- good eat's!)[p]These are just a few ideas- others will chime in I'm sure. Do you have a vaccum sealer? If you do, there's another idea.[p]phillip

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Smoke and Beers,
    If you have a vacuum sealer, just cook and sauce as you normally would, then seal the individule racks. For just overnight, put them in the fridge. When you're ready drop the bags in simmering water. After ten minutes or so you can remove them as needed. A great way to keep them warm. If you freeze them, give them a good twenty minutes in the simmering water. -RP

• tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    Smoke and Beers,
    If your doing the 3,1,1 method, after the foil cook, keep them covered, let them cool a bit and then refridgerate, bring them out sunday, house oven warm at around 175 just to loosen the fat and just grill them up, no complaints.