Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Company/work Xmas gifts

Options
The company Christmas Parties and exchanges should be in full swing. What'd get? If you got some lame pen or tie and not a BBQ gift, it's time to up your game. Take your coworkers some food or drive them crazy with BGE talk.

I'll start. My coworkers hooked me up.
Steven
Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
two cotton pot holders to handle PS
Banner, Wyoming

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Nothing yet, but I always get the best gift from my Doctors. Booze.
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Has nobody had a gift exchange at work yet? Not all of you are retired yet. What'd get?
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    No party until December 23.  Usually a lot of $25 gift cards and a couple prizes up to a tv.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • NervousDad
    NervousDad Posts: 307
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I always get an Omaha steak package. I enjoy the dry ice that they come with more :)

Aurora,OH
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    One thing I hate for working for a large company. We do nothing.
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    unemployed, no co-workers to gift exchange with.

Maybe I should give the Guinea pigs some treats from me and have them buy me a bottle of single malt.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    edited December 2014
    Options
    So far, two half-days of work. Yankee Swap at lunch tomorrow, last few years of those have turned out ($10-15 price limit):
    - bottle of wine
    - Starbucks mug and gift card
    - iTunes gift card
    - picture frame (that is now in my cube with a family photo from our disney trip this year)

So odds are, I'll get something decent out of that, but the half days have been awesome this year, since we traveled for thanksgiving and I spent a week in Dallas for work, we've been hustling getting ready for company coming at Xmas.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• davejames0426
    Options
    Nice dinner, booze, shooting sporting clays for the guys and assorted gift basket for ladies. I took some Apple pie moonshine so it was a nice day and dinner...... Past 26 years for the same privately Danish owned company has been a blessing....... Eight more hours of work then off until 01/05/2015!!!!!!!! Grateful......
    LBGE - Swing Grate - Platesetter - Pimaster110 - Pizza Stones - Maverick E732 - Thermapen - Dutch Ovens Abbeville, SC
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    I always get an Omaha steak package. I enjoy the dry ice that they come with more :)

@NervousDad‌, I'm not a fan of dry ice. Wells Fargo messed up our closing date on a refinance and sent us a package from Omaha Steaks to apologize. When the package came, I grabbed the dry ice with my bare hands. Not the smartest thing to do.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • shucker
    shucker Posts: 483
    Options
    gift cards for me, my folks are lazy!

Shucker
    Eastern North Carolina
    Go Pirates!

http://facebook.com/oldcolonysmokehouse

https://www.instagram.com/oldcolonysmokehouse/

L & MM BGE/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Pit Barrel Cooker/QDS/Shirley Fab 50" Patio/BQ Grills Hog Cooker/Stump's Classic/Weber 22" OTG

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    stemc33 said:

@NervousDad‌, I'm not a fan of dry ice. Wells Fargo messed up our closing date on a refinance and sent us a package from Omaha Steaks to apologize. When the package came, I grabbed the dry ice with my bare hands. Not the smartest thing to do.
    Yep, not the smartest.  but now that you know, use your oven mitts and toss a hunk of dry ice in your fountain and watch the fog, it's great.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.