Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Unusual Christmas Tradition Do You Partake In?

2»

Comments

• We all just sit around and get fat.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    John that is way off topic. Lol. They said unusual traditions. Mostly everyone sits around and gets fat!!! =))
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    Watching "Christmas Vacation". Even though we know what is about to happen next, its still a funny movie.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    We put on sheep wool leggings and dance around a fire.

@nolaegghead‌ Do you have the red mohawk too?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @Eggcelsior - that is my normal hair.  I wear a hippie wig when I'm not dancing.
    We have our whole Christmas on Christmas eve, we have dinner, the whole fam damily gets together, we exchange gifts, open them all, aaaand were done. Christmas day we f**k off and sleep or do whatever we want. We of course keep up the appearances of santa until your old enough to know better, then Christmas just got easier for you.My son is in his 20's, it's been easy for years!!
    :-bd
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Firearms. A thanksgiving and Christmas tradition at my parents farm. These be my chillins.
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • We participate in the "Feats of strength" right after the "Airing of Grievances".
    I've got a LOT of problems with you people!!
    Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 
  • I usually spend the morning knee deep in a ditch, or laying in a field questioning my sanity, until whispering wings remind me I am quite sane 

But no deer yet this year, may have to switch it up unless I that changes this week 
    Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 
  • AUCE
    AUCE Posts: 890
    Smear cranberry sauce all over my naked body and stand in the corner alone as no one likes cranberry sauce......except me

I would much rather be able to say I was glad I did than wished I had........

XL owner and purveyor of pallette perfection...

Homosassa....Mecca of Florida

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,624
    Chritmas trees are pretty standard, but what unusual tradition do you and your family do? We stick with standard stuff. Every year a church in a neighboring town has a program for one weekend in December. You walk a trail around the property and stop at stations where part of the story of The birth of Jesus is told. It's called "Jesus Walk" and it's this weekend. We go with our adopted grandparents. Usually we freeze our tails, but it's going to be mild weather this weekend. What to you do?
    The family gift exchange. One gift per person provided. Everybody gets a number. First person picks a gift from the pile. When your number comes up you can pick an open gift somebody picked or go to the pile. It's over when it's over and it's bedlam. It's full contact for sure.
    the women used to do that at the family xmas party, was called a yankee swap. a little different though, everyon goes to the pile in order of their number, opens and decides to keep or swap as their number comes up. once all gifts are open, number one gets to pick from all the gifts. seems to only work with women, the men just bring beer and drink what they get
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,596
    it's a longstanding family food tradition, but we always have celery root salad with Christmas dinner
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,624
    Legume said:
    it's a longstanding family food tradition, but we always have celery root salad with Christmas dinner
    pork tourtiere and tomato soup cake with cream cheese frosting.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230

SHMBO bakes cookies. Lots of cookies. I test and clean. Then I light the egg and pour a Tito's and grapefruit and wait for her to say "is there anything else on beside football"?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Usually counting the number of people I have not seen since this time last year...... Lucky me for only one time is enough.......
    LBGE - Swing Grate - Platesetter - Pimaster110 - Pizza Stones - Maverick E732 - Thermapen - Dutch Ovens Abbeville, SC
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,681

As an Armenian we celebrate the Epiphany, January 6th, which is the day The Wise Men found Jesus in the Manger, And was also when, one of the Wise Men being quite tall, struck his head in the doorway of the Manger and exclaimed "Jesus Christ"............It was at that time that Joseph turned to Mary and said "Write that down, I think I like that better that Derek"

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Make 5lbs of Fudge! Been making it for about 44 years now.
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    lkapigian said:

As an Armenian we celebrate the Epiphany, January 6th, which is the day The Wise Men found Jesus in the Manger, And was also when, one of the Wise Men being quite tall, struck his head in the doorway of the Manger and exclaimed "Jesus Christ"............It was at that time that Joseph turned to Mary and said "Write that down, I think I like that better that Derek"

=):))

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Tackman said:
    We take boxes, put things in them. Then we cover those boxes with paper, folding the edges neatly, and secure them with tape, and or ribbon. We then place them under an evergreen tree that was chopped down, decorated with lights and ornaments, and placed where? In the living room. A tree indoors--I know, mind, blown. Right? Then, on Christmas morning we remove the paper from the boxes, and open them. Great fun.
    I like to put things in boxes too. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    I stay sober. 
    Yeah right..........

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Christmas breakfast is corn beef hash, add sirachi.
  • The airing of the grievances... Fun times for everyone. Especially the fine patrolman that has to respond to the 911 call every year.
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • We participate in the "Feats of strength" right after the "Airing of Grievances".
    Dangit. I just noticed that you beat me to the punch...
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    @JethroVA‌ Your progeny have excellent taste in footwear.