Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Been Lurking

Options
Joshua Kane
Joshua Kane Posts: 31
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sorry I have not posted much the past few months. The baby is getting bigger, and just over 3 months now. I am trying to teach her about the finer points of low and slow cooking, she just giggles and smiles, so I know she is getting it.[p]-- Joshua[p]

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    JoshuaKane,
    You're a good teacher. It must be nice to have an eager student. Now that you're back, have you concocted any new ideas for the Big Green Egg in your absence? Please share them with us.[p]Spring "Still Learning and Still Smiling" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA[p]

• Joshua Kane
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]I have been toying with this recipe for Chicken Fricassee, done in a Dutch Oven[p]3-lb. chicken cut into 8 portions with giblets (except liver)
    1 package extra giblets
    6 wings (about 2 lbs.)
    Salt and pepper
    Dizzy Pig Raging River to Taste
    Dizzy Pig Cow Lock to Taste
    1/4 cup vegetable oil
    4 medium onions, peeled and finely chopped, plus 1/2 onion, grated
    2 cloves garlic, peeled
    3 cups tomato sauce
    1 cup water
    2 lbs. ground beef
    2 medium eggs
    1/4 cup bread crumbs or matzah meal [p]Season the chicken, giblets and extra wings with salt, pepper and DP Raging River[p]using a grid just above the lump I saute using a Dutch oven I am not really sure of the temp here as the dome is open. Remove from the pan and set aside.[p]Add the chopped onions to the pan and cook until golden (do not use the grated onion yet). Again this is done just above the lump. Drain any excess liqued from the dutch oven. Add the chicken, garlic, giblets, extra wings, tomato sauce, water and, if necessary, additional tomato sauce, so that the liquid comes 2/3's up the sides of the chicken parts. Cover and let it simmer on the egg for about 1/2 an hour.[p]In the meantime, make the meatballs by mixing together the ground beef, the remaining grated onion, eggs, bread crumbs or matzah meal and salt, pepper, and DP Cow Lick.[p]Form into tiny meatballs, slightly smaller than the size of a walnut. Add to the chicken in the dutch oven, pouring in a little more water or tomato sauce if the sauce has evaporated.[p]Simmer in the egg for another 30 mins, or until the meatballs are done. [p]At this point I usually go in the house and cook some white rice to serve the Fricassee over.

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    JoshuaKane,
    Sounds great. Might try it now that I own a dutch oven.[p]Spring "Try Most Anything Twice" Chicken