Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Which CGS Product? (PS broke, already have spider)

Options

All,

Recently, my PS broke into a few different pieces and JB weld isn't working.  I know CGS has good stuff and shipping is reduced for holidays.  I was using my pizza stone to block radiation, but it was too wide and thin and cut off air flow.

I have the standard grate, GrillGrates, spider, extra grate that "opens", and pizza stone.

What should I get?  With the AR, I think I would just get an extra level and sliding capabilities right?  With the spider+Woo I could do 2 levels and have direct or indirect.  Is there something I am missing?  TIA.

Also, do people prefer circle or oval stones?  The oval would be great for ribs, but we don't do that many.

http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/adjustable-rig-vs-woo2-moreinfomenu.html

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I prefer the oval stone not just for ribs, it covers more area for any kind of cook, 4 pork butts, a large brisket or 2 etc. I have the AR R&B, Woo3 with spider attached and the rig extender. I use all of them for one thing or another.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
     JRWhitee. Sounds like very sound advice. The slider rack system is very nice.
    Give CGS a call. Honest people, will not over sell you.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    How about 2 half moons?

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • jenericzac
    Options
    I just purchased the R and B combo rig. Just came in the mail today so I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I've had the original Woo for about 5 years and it has worked out great. One of the main reasons I purchased the adjustable rig is because I had a lot of trouble trying to add wood chips or chunks during a cook. The standard grate doesn't flip up and there wasn't much room around the platesetter or even if I used the Woo with a pizza stone as a deflector. With the oval stone and grate it should allow me room to add chunks or chips or tend the fire. And with it being above the rim of the egg I can easily remove the whole setup. 
  • Z_Eggineer
    Options
    Broke down and bought the R&B combo with the catch ring and the sliding extender.  Hopefully it all ends up good!