Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tenderloin on egg?

Options

I have done a couple tenderloins in the oven and am very happy with the results. Wondering if the egg will amp it up in terms of cook/flavor? I love egging but delicate steaks like prime rib I don't necessarily like the added flavor. Am I out of whack on this. What's though on grill a whole beef tenderloin vs oven?

Comments

• Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    In my opinion my BGE cooks most things better than my oven, but I love the flavor it gives off. I have done several Beef Tenderloins and they come out Great!
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    All I've ever done is pork tenderloins but I don't believe beef would be any different. Whether it is just rubbed and grilled or stuffed a pork tenderloin is our favorite meal on a Big Green Egg. Always flavorful, always juicy, and always delicious. I wouldn't do one any other way.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • SoCal_Griller
    Options
    I did a whole beef tenderloin using a recipe from Adam Perry Lang's Serious BBQ.  It was unbelievably good.  Reverse sear and pull at 120-125 for medium rare.
    Simi Valley, California
    LBGE, PBC, Annova, SMOBot