Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OK, let's start this weekend already

Options

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @cazzy‌ shot.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Looks pretty great DM
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,617
    Options
    Looks excellent, hope your party goes well.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I like that.
    Options
    Looks good from where I'm sitting.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• johnmitchell
    Options
    I would toss that in the trash..... 8-}
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Nice work! How's the taste?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    That is awesomeness. I'm thinkin yours guests aren't gonna leave
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    We may not hear back from Dwayne for several hours, if not days.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    That thing is $$$$! Great job!
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Dude. If you would have put A1 and sweet baby rays on that I would have hunted you down and done vey bad things
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options

Dude. If you would have put A1 and sweet baby rays on that I would have hunted you down and done vey bad things

That's probably why his son had the look he didn't. Great job @DMW‌, but way to screw us all over with not giving a courtesy invite.
    Dunedin, FL
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Lookin' good!

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,961
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Dad...you are going to put WHAT on a Snake River Farms brisket??????image
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Wow is all I got. Looks great!!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • DMW
    Options
    Yeah, I'll give more commentary some other day...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DMW
    Options
    OK, here's a bit more. Photos went downhill quickly once I started getting food out, but it is what it is.

As last time, the SRF brisket was amazing. I got several, "What did you put on it?" They were not expecting just salt and pepper. Flavor was spot on. I probably could have left it ride and extra hour, there were spots in the flat that needed a bit more. But once the slices got back towards the point, texture was spot on. 

72 hour 140* sous vide short ribs before the flash fry. I didn't get any after pics of these, everyone was on them like vultures. I seasoned them with Dizzy Pig Cow Lick before the SV. I also used the bag juice to make a dipping sauce/gravy of sorts. I brought it to a simmer and then added some flour I first dissolved in water until I got the consistency I wanted. It worked out really good.

I also did some bacon wrapped dates stuffed with goat cheese. I seasoned the goat cheese with Dizzy Pig Pineapplehead before stuffing them. I had these at the Dizzyfest afterparty and gladly stole the idea. Really good.

For sides my wife put together a baked corn dish and scallop potatoes.

The potatoes had a heavy coating of paprika.

Baked corn:

I did also make some bread in the kitchen clock, because I have to have white bread with brisket:

And here's a really bad, crappy lighting side shot of the brisket. Not much smoke ring at all. This was smoked over Fogo lump with oak and cherry chunks. One note, when using Fogo from the top of the bag, the chunks of lump can be huge and leave voids in the firebox. I failed to break up pieces so they fit tighter. After only 16 hours or so of burning in my XL, I had to reload to do the side dishes. Either break up the huge pieces a bit, or fill in the voids with another lump.

Here's shot of the appetizer/dessert table, after apps, before dessert.

A great time was had by all. I ate way too much and drank just enough as I needed to get up at a decent hour this morning. My dad is bringing his trailer over and we are taking the Hasty Bake to his place until I get a place for it here. I'm planning to do a couple racks of pork on it for our family Christmas get together today. He has a bunch of plywood sheeting laying around we can setup for windbreaks if it gets windy.

Enjoy your Sunday folks!

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• DMW
    Options
    I really wish I hadn't run out of time, I think it could have masked that brisket flavor nicely. ;)

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Awesome job. Looks fantastic. Glad everyone enjoyed the food.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    I'm moving to Morgantown. Epic cook @DMW‌ unbelievable
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• johnmitchell
    Options
    Awesome spread and post as always..I am sure enjoyed by everyone..By the way that Brisky looks fantastic... :-c
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    What a friggin banquet.  Most eggcellent.  Congrats on pulling it all off-great times were had by all I'm sure.  Gotta love the brisket-10% off today for a two pack reload at SRF.   :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options
    ^:)^
    Jacksonville FL
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Wow! You kicked much ass on this one. Awesome cooks! How did the texture in the shorties turn out? I haven't had the best of luck there yet. I'm batting around 300 on SV short ribs. Good for baseball, bad for food.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    WOW! That's all I got. just wow
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Nice job on the cooks and the party @DMW. One if these days, I'm going to break down and get an SRF.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Daaaaayyyyuuuum!! Farkin awesome run this weekend. I'm coming to your house... Now.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DMW
    Options
    @caliking - You are more than welcome here. If you ever find yourself between Philadelphia and Harrisburg, let me know, I'll be sure you don't leave hungry or thirsty.

Wow! You kicked much ass on this one. Awesome cooks! How did the texture in the shorties turn out? I haven't had the best of luck there yet. I'm batting around 300 on SV short ribs. Good for baseball, bad for food.
    I'm really liking the SV shortie texture. I couldn't tell a diff between 138* and 140*.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA