Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Regional/State Favorites?

Options
1235»

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Never trust a man who prefers cream of wheat over grits.
    My sentiments exactly. I can eat grits by the gallon. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,468
    Options
    Legume said:
    Now, with a nod to my roots and drafting off of some of the earlier California submissions:

Sour-freaking-dough
    incredible fruit and vegetables
    Cioppino
    In-n-Out
    fish tacos

I've eaten at In-n-Out while TDY in California, it's okay but I didn't think anything special.  
    One was opened a couple years ago between here and Salt Lake City, and the place was JAMMED for months!  They had to post police on the corners to handle the traffic.  Somebody likes them!  
    :-??

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,468
    edited December 2014
    Options

The local are also extremely fond of Jell-O, but you can get that anywhere... 

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• MatAlexander
    Options
    Alabama - 

White BBQ Sauce on Smoked Chicken
    Saw's BBQ (Birmingham)
    Saw's Sauce (Great BBQ sauce)
    McEwen and Sons Grits/cornmeal (For all the grit haters, try this recipe and thank me later: http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1015243-highlands-baked-grits)
    Wickles Pickles
    Golden Flake chips (esp sweet heat BBQ flavored!)
    Grapico
    Sister Schubert's or Millie Ray's frozen rolls
    Dale's marinade (try it on anything you want to grill...fantastic)
    Golden Eagle Syrup

Gadsden, AL
    Twitter: @matalexander

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    egger ave said:

egger ave said:

egger ave said:

South Central Texas  God's country for not so real BBQ (pssst it is beef folks)

Salado Eggfest

Grilling weather 360 days a year

No vinegar sauces and damned few mustard sauces, most of the time no sauces at all but some great rubs.

Franklin BBQ
    Snow's BBQ
    TexMex
    List of other great places, too long to post.

Brisket
    BBQ for tourists

I fixed this for you....

TarheelMatt,

Yall are just jealous that they don't sell briskets in NC. I lived a misspent childhood in Charleston SC believing that BBQ had to have vinegar and pork in it. Not true.

Bought a few packers in my area. Walmart and my local place.

Also most Q has vinegar in the sauce.

Using vinegar in the sauce is one of the primary reasons the South lost the War of Northern Aggression IMHO.

They say Sherman was a big fan of beef BBQ.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

Alabama - 

Saw's BBQ (Birmingham)
    Saw's Sauce (Great BBQ sauce)
    McEwen and Sons Grits/cornmeal (For all the grit haters, try this recipe and thank me later: http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1015243-highlands-baked-grits)
    Wickles Pickles
    Golden Flake chips (esp sweet heat BBQ flavored!)
    Grapico
    Sister Schubert's or Millie Ray's frozen rolls
    Dale's marinade (try it on anything you want to grill...fantastic)
    Golden Eagle Syrup

McEwen and Sons grits are amazing. That is the only kind we eat now.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Acn said:
    I like pretty much all grits. My Grandfather ground grits on 2 small stone wheels almost until the day he died. I still have the wheels as a keep sake.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• GATraveller
    Options
    SGH said:

Acn said:

I like pretty much all grits. My Grandfather ground grits on 2 small stone wheels almost until the day he died. I still have the wheels as a keep sake.

What an awesome keep sake. Useful to have around as well. I love stuff like that. Sentimental I guess.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    egger ave said:

Phatchris said:

North shore(MA) style roast beef sandwichesimage

at least it's beef, looks delicious.
    Rare roast beef sliced thin with James River, mayo and American cheese, on a buttered roasted onion roll.... F'n awesome
  • GATraveller
    Options
    I'd eat it.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Chelnerul
    Options
    Alabama - 

Wickles Pickles
    You are spot-on about these two - I'm obsessed with Wickles. I buy in bulk from the website. Haven't tried the rest, but anything Big Bob Gibson is outstanding too.
    Manning our FOB in occupied Northern Virginia...
  • bo_mull
    bo_mull Posts: 363
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Madisonville TN.
     Benton hams. They cure hams the way my grandfather did back in the day.They also have the best bacon I have ever ate.  

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Here's a real New Orleans muffaletta.
    This one is from The World Deli, just as good as Central Grocery IMO.
    Awesome olive salad and the bread is perfect.
    My very favorite of all sandwiches.
    In fact after fasting for the last two days before having a colonostomy.
    I left the hospital and bought a lg. muffaletta and ate half. Just perfect to reline my insides with. :)imageimage
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options

Phatchris said:
    Phatchris said:
    North shore(MA) style roast beef sandwichesimage
    at least it's beef, looks delicious.
    Rare roast beef sliced thin with James River, mayo and American cheese, on a buttered roasted onion roll.... F'n awesome
    if your ever in salem nh, go to the blue house and order it the same way, its almost big enough for two
    :D
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it