Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

90 Day Salado Eggfest Reminder

Options
Yes... another annoying 90 Days To Salado Reminder.

I like round numbers, and "90" is round enough for my purposes. And that is to remind you that there are only 90 round days to Salado.

Not square numbers or square days - round ones.

And more than that, now that we've had the season to be thankful, it's the season to be jolly. And shortly after that, the season to make promises to ourselves to do better in the next year.

And that 'Next Year' is going to have the Salado Eggfest in it. What better way to do better than to come to the Salado Eggfest.

But that takes planning... You've got to first make the decision to come and how you will get there. Then who's coming with you. And whether to cook, and what to cook. And where to stay. And what to wear if you haven't already decided to wear a kilt.

And if you plan to take advantage of the Demo Egg discounted prices, have your credit card out the moment we announce the Demo Egg prices. That won't be until after the first of the year.

There's lots for you to think about between now and next year. So start by marking your calendar that you should be in Salado 90 days from now (March 14th - Or March 13th if you plan to attend the Meet & Greet Party and stay to March 15th if you plan to attend the After Party).

Oh, and don't forget, the Salado Eggfest is FREE, and you might take home one of two MiniMax Eggs we will be giving away.

And, as always, there will be good eats to be had, good recipes to cook when you return home, good friends to see and make new, and good times to be had by all.

Finally, if you are wondering about the weather, don't be... It will be perfect with only a slight chance of not perfect. Even so, it won't slow us down one bit no matter what kind of weather we have.

See you in Salado.

Spring "Fest Scribe" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com/

Comments

• egger ave
    Options
    we will be there cooking. thanks, John and Aleta
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Don't forget the pre & after party at Inn on the Creek. image
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• egger ave
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Don't forget the pre & after party at Inn on the Creek. image
    we were there somewhere. 
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I'm chipping on Janelle. ..@Girl_on_Grill‌
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I got Unit #7 standing by and the afro standing straight up. I'm ready.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @SGH - I've got the HEB meat delivery worked out.  I hope an 18-wheeler can get into the park.
    Options

@SGH - I've got the HEB meat delivery worked out.  I hope an 18-wheeler can get into the park.

I hear ya brother!! I just got home, fixing to get some RRP ribs going.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That second pic must have been photoshopped.... @henapple actually looks sober.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    @caliking. .that's because you stole all my pbr
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

That pic is from Salado 2013... when I was wise enough to stay away from your cooler.

I'm not in most of the 2014 pics because I was passed out on the ground when pics were being taken.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    That pic is like the murders row of attendees. Only missing Steve- but that was 2014 and Cali would have been face down. I believe this picture caught the exact moment I hustled @‌ tjv out of the AR grid extender he brought. I still use it almost every week. Thanks Tom!
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    That pic is like the murders row of attendees. Only missing Steve- but that was 2014 and Cali would have been face down. I believe this picture caught the exact moment I hustled @‌ tjv out of the AR grid extender he brought. I still use it almost every week. Thanks Tom!

Just noticed Travis and Short Travis to your right
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Mickey said:

Just noticed Travis and Short Travis to your right

Yep.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • travisstrick
    Options
    Short Travis ain't so short anymore and he eats like Scotty. He's about to kill a whole 8oz tenderloin.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.