Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Plank Salmon?

EggerinMOEggerinMO Posts: 47
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK I have my plank and salmon UM now what... I normally grill salmon at 350 what about plank grilling 350 direct do I flip it? I see on the package that I soak the plank for a hour before using and place it on the grate 5 min before placing the fish on. Any other help would be greatly valued..[p]Thanks[p]EggerinMO

·

Comments

• EggerinMO,[p]No need to flip! I believe mine takes more that 5 minutes but that is close. I wait until the bottom has begun to char which will create a "popping" noise. Place on the salmon and you are set. Timing depends on your filets but I just keep an eye out for the white residue to appear (sounds appetizing eh?) and you know it's done.[p]It's really as easy at it seems...[p]Good Luck![p]B o B
    ·
  • EggerinMO,
    Check your email. Richard

·
  • ronbeauxronbeaux Posts: 988
    SmokinBoB,
    I did some the other night. White stuff will start to ooze to the top right before they flake. I personally don't care for them but the inlaws fought over them.

·
  • Richard,[p]THANKS....
    ·