Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

MiniMax is here and getting ready for its first cook.

Options
Just picked it up today and I'm super stoked. Craziness in my town right now, as we're having a serious windstorm. Half our town is with out power.
I have a bottle of Elijah Craig 12 and a 4pack of Deviant Dale's, plus some pork chops to grill...so I'll be fine. Will post follow up pics if I still have power.

Battle Ground, WA
Large BGE,  MiniMax  and a Vision Kub.
Could you call on Lady Day, could you call on John Coltrane?

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Nice Woo. Congratulations
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Nice looks real good pimped out like that.
    Seattle, WA
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Awesome! So, is the MM what you expected?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Chelnerul
    Options
    Then I remind him that he still owes 30K on a wedding and 4K on a ring and he's been divorced for 6 months.

Who's the sucker?
    LOL!

Manning our FOB in occupied Northern Virginia...
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    Does it come with that carrier?

XLBGE 
  • sodigthisbigcrux
    Options
    Does it come with that carrier?
    yessir!
    Battle Ground, WA
    Large BGE,  MiniMax  and a Vision Kub.
    Could you call on Lady Day, could you call on John Coltrane?
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    That's pretty sweet

XLBGE 
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I so want one of these. It'll be a while, so I'll just have to live vicariously via the forum until I get one.

@sodigthisbigcrux‌, I knew the West coast was supposed to get pounded, but didn't realize it was going to be that far North. I just heard about the Bay Area. I guess the NE of the U.S. is getting bad weather also. Losing power sucks, but the silver lining to that is the eggs don't need power and are great for cooking up the thawing meat when the freezer loses power.

Have fun with the new toy.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    It's definitely a great companion for the LBGE (or any size for that matter). It's a serious lil workhorse. We're real happy with ours too.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • sctdg
    sctdg Posts: 301
    edited December 2014
    Options
    What is the average going price for the Mini Max ? Asked my local egg dealer about two months ago and never heard from them .Guess they are like the rest of the business world ,they have soooo much business that one sale of the Mini Max "Ain't worth getting involved in " . LOL

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Not to hijack your thread but I called my dealer yesterday. (I preordered months ago) according to their distributor the reason for the first delay and now this delay is the carrier. BGE is having problems getting them made. They said there's plenty eggs built, sitting, waiting for the carriers. I'm guessing BGE had them contracted by someone else and now is having issues with that supplier. Point is if your dealer has one and you want it, better get it while you can. I for one will never preorder/ prepay for anything again. :-q
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • dihtn
    dihtn Posts: 234
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Not to hijack your thread but I called my dealer yesterday. (I preordered months ago) according to their distributor the reason for the first delay and now this delay is the carrier. BGE is having problems getting them made. They said there's plenty eggs built, sitting, waiting for the carriers. I'm guessing BGE had them contracted by someone else and now is having issues with that supplier. Point is if your dealer has one and you want it, better get it while you can. I for one will never preorder/ prepay for anything again. :-q

My dealer told me about the delay but didn't tell me why specifically-just that there was a parts shortage.  I prepaid as well.  Not the end of the world for sure but would be nice to have!  I am from Indiana-my dealer is in Indianapolis.  Funny thing was my dealer told me (read me the letter) that BGE wanted the dealers to send out Christmas cards with a photo of the MM so customers could put that under the tree!  I told him I thought that would add insult to injury.

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    I think I would request them just to give me the Egg and I would worry about the carrier later.  Heck with your skills @Jeremiah, you could make your own carrier.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    :D I tried matt. I've tried everything short of asking for my money back. I guess it just is what it is. :-??
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Jeremiah said:

:D I tried matt. I've tried everything short of asking for my money back. I guess it just is what it is. :-??

Road trip to see your buddy Blake, @Dobie‌ & @fusionhq‌
    Plenty of MM here in Jax and I've got Woodchuck chilling. :D
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    @Jeremiah
    The Mini Max is sold with the carrier all in one box, probably why you can't get it without. I wonder if that was the reason for the delay on the initial release.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. I guess they made 60-70 and that's what's out now. The next shipment to distributors was supposed to be 300 or so and in that was my area's eggs. But it has yet to happen.

I want to ask for my money back but I feel like that's breaking my word, if that makes sense. I'll just wait. Impatiently.
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Not as an irritant to anyone, but earlier this week my dealer had sold two with four in the back room.  So, if you're up to a road trip to the middle of Illinois, drop me a PM and I'll put you in touch with the dealer principle.  When I asked about shipping ... he paused a long time, screwed up his face, and said he'd rather not.

He has six more on order, but was told they won't arrive until spring time.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• badinfluence
    Options
    He he only 60 or 70 out so far....I have mine :D
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    Thanks for the invite @NPHuskerFL‌ and @Jeepster47‌ I'm still debating what to do. Maybe I'll just have them order me a small and I'll build my own damn carrier. Lol
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Jeremiah said:

Thanks for the invite @NPHuskerFL‌ and @Jeepster47‌ I'm still debating what to do. Maybe I'll just have them order me a small and I'll build my own damn carrier. Lol

You've waited this long. Might as well go the long haul. So all your waiting wasn't in vain. I KNOW the waiting blows. It'll get to you hopefully sooner than later.
    Edit: invite is always here brotha.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    Likewise bud
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    Road trip to see your buddy Blake, @Dobie‌ & @fusionhq‌ Plenty of MM here in Jax and I've got Woodchuck chilling. :D

Party at Blakes house <:-P
    Jacksonville FL
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    What are you fellows paying for the MM? I'm in BGE country, and probably going to be ordering mine middle of next week. I think my local dealer, or someone locally has them, as we've got the XXL's sitting around in showrooms! Hoping the price isn't REALLY up there, but willin to spend the money this time of year, for my hardwork all year. Looking to get something I can use for smaller cooks other than my large, and something I can pack up once, take to the house in the NC mtns, and leave for the spring/summer to use when Im up there. If you don't want to put the price out in the public, shoot me a msg.
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax