Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who's hungry?

I just saw this on Sploid. It's, um, interesting.

Enjoy the gif!

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Never had it raw and wiggling. But it sure is great battered and deep fried. One of my favorites when fried.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• That is nasty! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Best quote - "and that's when you have an accident and die."

I would probably try it.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    After her first bite she is trying not to hurl. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• I can eat it as sashimi, but it has to be good and dead.
  • That's nasty - I was hungry for milk and cookies after viewing Mickey's xmas card but now I just want to puke!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    I'd try it.  I love baby octopus salad.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Absolutely would try it if they had it available at my local sushi joint (s).
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I love sashimi but never was crazy about the dead octopus.
    @eggcellsior. ..your mom's hungry. :))
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Reminds me of a place we found recently here in Okinawa:

No, I didn't try the Octopus Balls or the American Dog! I have always preferred the, much leaner, Canadian Dog.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • I love sashimi but never was crazy about the dead octopus.

Not my favorite, but I'll eat it on the chefs choice plate.
  • There is one out there of a woman eating a live frog.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    You guys eat some weird ****.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    The Japanese seem to be willing to try anything ... if it comes from the sea.  During the 80's I worked in Japan for three years.  During one home leave, my hunting buddy gave me some venison jerky he made.  I smuggled it into Japan and took some into work to share it.

I thought they'd be interested in trying something new ... after all they'd shown me some rather new things to eat.  When I put it on the table, several of them grabbed a piece ... they thought it was beef jerky.  When I said no it's venison jerky, the translation dictionaries came out.  I was taken aback when, after "venison" was translated, half the group quickly left the room.

I found out later that they treat deer like revered animals ... in Kyoto, in Nara park, the deer wander amongst the visitors and the kids feed them.  it was probably the equivalent of serving someone stateside their neighbor's dog. 

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    That's one of the few things I can think of that might be worse than eating oysters. Any kind of oysters. But I doubt it. 

Either way, a Linda Blair scene involving pea soup comes to mind.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @Jeepster47 - that's hilarious man.  So many cultural differences in the world.  The peace (victory) sign in the US is like an FU in England, for example.
    I like octopus, but the part about it sticking in your throat would freak me out.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • DMW said:
    Best quote - "and that's when you have an accident and die."

People don't die in Korea. They just have accidents eating Korean food.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727

I would pass. Its a texture thing. It's why I don't eat mussels.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    This seems like one of those dares similar to swallowing a gold fish. Fun to be a spectator, but it's not for me. I had a hard time not gagging when I read "How to Eat Fried Worms". I freak out when a bug flies in my mouth. No way could I do this.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Reminds me of a place we found recently here in Okinawa:

No, I didn't try the Octopus Balls or the American Dog! I have always preferred the, much leaner, Canadian Dog.  

Man your on the ROCK. Send some pictures I loved that place. If you had the chicken leg you had the dog. Bet you dont see a stray dog. And pay off my bar tabs. :)>-
  • jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Pass. Fried Calamari yes.
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • Absolutely would try it if they had it available at my local sushi joint (s).

Could this be the next THROWDOWN *-:)
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    edited January 2015
    Absolutely would try it if they had it available at my local sushi joint (s).

Could this be the next THROWDOWN *-:)

Or the next THROWUP :-&
    Jacksonville FL