Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Much Needed Wings

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited December 2014 in EggHead Forum

Not sure the last time I had wings. Been since before we moved into this house for sure. After too many days of hospital food (one meal is more than enough), I was ready for some Egged food and wings was top of the list. Nothing special. Indirect. 400F. Salt Lick Chicken Seasoning and simple wing sauce.

Unfortunately there were no tots. :(( The wife is serious now more than ever that I need to stick to the doc prescribed diet so no carbs. Wings came out great as usual if not a little late trying to get them in between feedings and changes etc. We'll get this timing down.

Already thinking about lunch and dinner tomorrow. Wife wants carne guisada. Might try and take our recipe which is a crockpot one and adjust it for DO on the Egg. Any ideas what temps crock pots cook at? I know I've looked it up in the past but I can't remember. Gotta go. Think I can sneak in a nap before the next feeding. :D

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks like a winner to me =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Thanks @SGH Was just reading about your posts on breaker knives. Now I think I need one. :D

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Griffin- Congrats again on the new little future egger my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Griffin we do guisada on the egg and it always comes out great. Here is a link to the recipe i posted on the other forum
    http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_recipes&Itemid=71&func=detail&id=1404
    Wings look delish, have not done them in a while. Maybe our tonights supper.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Nice welcome home wings @Griffin. Enjoy the night time feedings, before you know it he'll be crawling and walking.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Wings look great!

I remember sitting up at night with our little ones. I would watch reruns of old sitcoms that are on at 3 AM, great memories!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    Wings look great! 
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Strong start out of the gate :) Egging will help keep you sane through the first few weeks!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,053
    Options
    Looking good!!
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Welcome back to Eggland.  Looks good.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Good looking wings bro.

Fortunately, I am not physically equipped to feed the kids so I got to sleep......even with twins!!!  My wife is a freaking trooper.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA