Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Multi tier cooking platforms XL BGE...help

Options

Ok..looking like my next BGE endeavor will be a multi-tier apparatus.. Im looking for something heavy duty as I seems to gravitate to items that will have a forever shelf life. Prefer something adjustable, functional AND VERSATILE.

Wings and lots of em and multiple delectable morsels for future cooks...

Have seen notched, swivel and the like..like all other BGE goodies there seem to be a plethora of options and I'm calling on the brethren for guidance.

OHHH this must also be able to be used when copious amounts of Makers Mark has been imbibed.. :o)

mucho grassyass

I would much rather be able to say I was glad I did than wished I had........

XL owner and purveyor of pallette perfection...

Homosassa....Mecca of Florida

Comments

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com

Your Español could use some work ;)
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Adjustable rig for multiple layers of cooking on the XL. Get plenty of slide guides and oval grids to go with it depending on how many tiers you want. I only have ever used 2 tiers in mine. But I don't do a lot of ribs.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • scruffee81
    Options

What @thatgrimguy said

I own the Large Adjustable Rib w/ extender from the CGS. Absolutely love it!  Right now they have a special on shipping for the holidays. 

• GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    The adjustable rig is what you want. Love mine.
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    I use the Ceramic Grill Works 2 Tier. It's built solid, but has a simple design.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Two tier.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    That's the two tier system from CeramicGrillStore.  That's 5 pork shoulders on my XL with some room to spare. I also bought the sliding arms and another grid to add between the levels in case I'm doing a ton of ribs.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• AUCE
    AUCE Posts: 890
    Options
    so itll sit on existing grid with 2 more grids..thats a buttload of chicken arms..lol

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options

Call Tom down at CGS and let him talk you through the options.  Quality stuff and very versatile.

• AUCE
    Options

Call Tom down at CGS and let him talk you through the options.  Quality stuff and very versatile.

Spoke to Tom yesterday. Nice guy and a great help..Btw his stones are kiln shelves..

• jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    What did you get?
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • AUCE
    Options
    Going to get adjustable woo2 outfit/package with extra slider and 20." Grill .that'll give me 3 tiers.drip pan.and a stone
    5-6 butts, butt load of wings, at least 2 maybe 3 briskets, and it'll get my platform up to the.felt.
    Pricey but then I got the interior covered.
    Have an old lodge round griddle for.the C I coverage
    Wanted to do 2 pizzas at once but he said it's not recommended as middle stone won't regulate well.
    Sons getting me the broil king rib rack for christmas. And daughter Revco Vulcan gloves..Santa's gonna be good this.year :D

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    AUCE said:
    Going to get adjustable woo2 Rig outfit/package with extra slider and 20." Grill ...
    Yes?

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• AUCE
    Options

AUCE said:

Going to get adjustable woo2 Rig outfit/package with extra slider and 20." Grill ...

Yes?

Sending MO...dont want momma goin postal...

• AUCE
    Options
    Yes

• AUCE
    Options
    It comes with a woo2

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    @AUCE ... Opps ... you're right ... they call it the "XL Woo2 Adjustable Rig Combo" ... should probably call it "Sell the guy everything in the store combo."

Tom makes great equipment and is enjoyable to work with, but navigating his website and understanding what-is-what is difficult.  Plus, the options for each size egg are different ... thus my mistake ... no Woo2/Adjustable Rig combo for my large egg. 

Now if he'd just make a rack extender for a PSWoo2 in a large egg ... ~18" bottom circle to sit on the large egg grate, a top circle to hold a Weber 14.5" grate, and about a 4.5~5" lift.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Chelnerul
    Options
    In the same boat with you, @AUCE, went with the AR combo at CGS available now. It came after a few days and is currently under the tree. My wife asked for sirloin steaks on Christmas Eve, so I've got to wait until then to open it up!

I hear there's a little learning curve, so good luck!
    Manning our FOB in occupied Northern Virginia...
  • AUCE
    Options
    Chelnerul said:

In the same boat with you, @AUCE, went with the AR combo at CGS available now. It came after a few days and is currently under the tree. My wife asked for sirloin steaks on Christmas Eve, so I've got to wait until then to open it up!

I hear there's a little learning curve, so good luck!

Yes looks like a handy tool...wok - king will be fun too