Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Online Source of BBQ Sauces, Rubs, etc

Options
Chelnerul
Chelnerul Posts: 153
edited December 2014 in EggHead Forum
Good evening all,

I just placed a couple of online orders for charcoal, rubs and sauces, and I was wondering if there is a consensus on where the best online retailers are for selection and prices are? I hadn't heard of Firecraft before, but I'm very impressed by their selection, prices, and free shipping over $100. I easily spent that.

I'm also impressed with peppers.com, which had a bunch of great hot sauces, rubs, sauces, marinades, dips, etc. Also free shipping on orders over $75. Amazon's got great selections, but I've found they can be at least double and sometimes more for many of the good rubs, sauces, etc.

Where do you all (alt. y'all) make your non-local BBQ purchases?
Manning our FOB in occupied Northern Virginia...

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Oakridge rubs retail site. I basically get everything else locally.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I just join one of those Elf-on-the-shelf exchanges if I'm into some new spice.  I have so many rubs and sauces now it's silly.
    Options
    I just join one of those Elf-on-the-shelf exchanges if I'm into some new spice.  I have so many rubs and sauces now it's silly.

Do what NOLA said.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Austin  Egghead
    Options
    For rubs learn tu make your own. Lots fresher snd you control the ingredients.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    BonCaCa.com
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    Not sure where you are located, but Atlanta has the http://www.atlantabbqstore.com/
  • Capt7383
    Options
    I make my own, i dont like to assemble food. I like to make it my own.
  • Chelnerul
    Options
    Thanks for the Oakridge tip - I bought the sampler rub pack and they have free shipping - can't beat that.

AtlantaBBQStore has very good prices as well, especially on its rubs. I haven't seen their shipping yet.

I've made a couple of my own already, from Meathead's recipes from AmazingRibs.com (the Rendezvous rub, which was a disaster, and the Memphis Dust, which is out-bloody-standing), but I'm still at the early phase of enjoying other people's creativity...
  • Chelnerul
    Options
    Is this something on this site or just in general? I like the idea - I think I saw one that you organized a few months ago, and some of the guys' gift boxes were unreal and overflowing with interesting things...
  • Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    Options
    I like to buy rubs. I just got Oakridge OPS and used it on a Ribeye tonight. It was great and was different than salt/pepper/garlic. Am I going to cook the next 10 with that rub; no way. I like to mix it up a little.
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    There are too many sources to single out one that is the best. 
    Penzey's has a great selection of quality ingredients and the rubs I've tried have all been very good. English Prime Rib rub is a staple for beef, all of their salt free stuff is excellent - Arizona Dreaming, Forward. The Berbere seasoning is really good. Ozark for chicken and Galena St. for pork. 
    Dizzy Pig rubs are available from Amazon and many other places. I have so many that when I cook something I really like, I can't find the damn stuff in the cupboard again!
    Enjoy!

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    edited December 2014
    Options
    If you like spicy, try the Mo Hotta Mo Betta website
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Chelnerul
    Options
    Zmokin said:
    If you like spicy, try the Mo Hotta Mo Betta website
    Hadn't heard of this one before - great site, very competitive prices too. Thanks!
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Penzey's has a great selection of quality ingredients and the rubs I've tried have all been very good. English Prime Rib rub is a staple for beef, ...
    Have got to second Penzey's as having great spices.  Very flavorful and fresh ... a little expensive, but well worth it.  The English Prime Rib rub has been our go to rub for prime rib cooked the oven.  Can't wait to up my skill level a little to try a prime rib with it on the egg.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Chelnerul
    Options

Penzey's has a great selection of quality ingredients and the rubs I've tried have all been very good. English Prime Rib rub is a staple for beef, ...
    Have got to second Penzey's as having great spices.  Very flavorful and fresh ... a little expensive, but well worth it.  The English Prime Rib rub has been our go to rub for prime rib cooked the oven.  Can't wait to up my skill level a little to try a prime rib with it on the egg.
    Another gem I hadn't heard of yet - bookmarked as well. Shipping is really where the great prices are diluted, unfortunately, so it's nice to find those that offer free shipping on bulk (like Firecraft.com) - thanks.
  • Chelnerul
    Options
    Oakridge rubs retail site. I basically get everything else locally.
    You're a Marylander, not too far from here - any good local places you recommend between Fredericksburg and Baltimore?