Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happiness is...

A clean pair of underwear and a dirty martini....and my new Shun knife....and my BGE....and my Digi Q....and....
The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.

Comments

• A fridge full of beer a freezer full of meat
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Finishing my "honey do" list. Almost there. But another will take it's place. I feel like Sisyphus.
    and a new defensive line for the New Orleans Saints...
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    edited December 2014
    Finishing my "honey do" list. Almost there. But another will take it's place. I feel like Sisyphus.
    Hey There Nola, long time.  What I found to work well in my HoneyDo contract is a "beautiful weather clause".  It gives me the option to do whatever the heck I want to do when the weather is beautiful.  We usually allow the local weather guy to opinionate on the beautifulness of the weather and I go from there.  It took me 50yrs of wisdom and 15yrs of marriage to develop the negotiation skills to get her to agree to the clause.  :)
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Happiness is................a Harbaugh coaching Michigan next year.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YEMTrey said:

Happiness is................a Harbaugh coaching Michigan next year.

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Getting paid not to work :D
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • nolaegghead
    cook861 said:
    Getting paid not to work :D
    Please tell me you pulled off an Edward Norton "beat the crap outta yourself and blame the boss" Fight Club move.
    Music cranked up in the truck with windows down out in gods country
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    No  just like beaing on salary and getting paid not to work

Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • nolaegghead
    Super serious now.  Cranking this song at 120 dB in the Cayman S with the windows down in some run down gas station while pumping gas and a church lady decked out for services filling her Buick up next to me. 

TWO TURNTABLES AND A MICROPHONE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPfmNxKLDG4
    edited December 2014
    "Daddy, whatcha cookin' tonight?"
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Sitting at the top of a mountain looking at the snow-covered valley below in freezing temps. Nothing beats the reflective solitude.
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Super serious now.  Cranking this song at 120 dB in the Cayman S with the windows down in some run down gas station while pumping gas and a church lady decked out for services filling her Buick up next to me. 

TWO TURNTABLES AND A MICROPHONE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPfmNxKLDG4

Give us more info...is she single and beautiful?

• nolaegghead
    Yes, she looks exactly like Thora Birch.
    Yes, she looks exactly like Thora Birch.

A church lady that looks like Thora...:)

• Finishing my "honey do" list. Almost there. But another will take it's place. I feel like Sisyphus.
    I get it. Philosophy major in college
    B-)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Cooking something good for my family...
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    edited December 2014

I get it. Philosophy major in college
    B-)

I had to look it up. Boulder up a hill. I remember now. Lol

Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Disney World in the rear view mirror!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    TigerTony said:
    .....and a shrimp poor-boy dressed and a Barq's for lunch.image

Absolutely love the shrimp po boy and the Barqs root beer combination. It's one of my personal favorites. Barqs was and I think still is bottled right here Biloxi, MS. I can drink Barqs root beer by the gallon. For that matter I can eat shrimp by the drum full. Again, one of my favorite combinations.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited December 2014
    Spot stalking some of the 2,374 acres of Big Bend State Fish and Wildlife Area.  Bowhunting 20 ft up in a tree along the banks of the Rock River next to a corn field watching the ice chunks float by. 

Rollin' on the River(Mississippi) bike trails with the roadie.  Bacoon Ride with family and friends in Des Moines.  RAGBRAI!!! 

Pulling out from the driveway with the camper hooked up and Hank Jr's Greatest Hits tape in the deck. 

Camping and a campfire.  Anywhere.  

The smell of clear smoke and que over halfway into a BBQ cook.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation on the women.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    The smell of an infants head, the love of family and laughter. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    GrannyX4 said:
    The smell of an infants head, the love of family and laughter. ;;)
    That's so beautiful! Really, that one sentence speaks volumes about you.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    An early morning round of golf in the spring during the week.  Finishing that round and coming home to beers on the patio and some brisket.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    edited December 2014
    @YEMTrey -- Sure that sounds all wonderful. But I've played golf since the age of 12. Thousands of rounds.
    Early morning golf usually turns into miserable afternoons. Defeated with low self-esteem. The evening can improve with drinking and by the time the brisket is ready to eat, you can sometimes trick yourself into feeling optimistic about your next round of golf.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• A cool date on a hot night . oh wait... or is that a hot date on a cool night.

THWG!!
    STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS!
    GIVE ME OYSTERS AND BEER FOR DINNER EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR
     & I'LL FEEL FINE!

SW Georgia :  LARGE & MINI BGE