Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Montreal Smoked Meat

Options
I just started a 4lb. brisk for some msm. The recipe I followed called for a 12 lb. so I cut the ingredients in a 1/3. Was wondering if you would cut the time down as well?. Calls for 12 days in fridge. I was thinking it would still be the same amount of time regardless of size.
Owen Sound On. For now 1large 2mini's 1exl and 1 6burner Vermont Casting

Comments

• RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    I don't claim to know anything about anything, but internal temp should rule?
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    The weight is a factor but more important is the thickness of the piece of meat so the timeline should be similar even if you are just using 1/3 of what the recipe calls for.

I would say it's a lot harder to over cure than under cure.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Pantsypants has made MSM. From my limited experience I would say cut the time down some. You can tell by the feel if it's cured. Are you going to steam it?

Steve 

Caledon, ON