Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for foodie gift ideas?

Options
Tjcoley
Tjcoley Posts: 3,551

The 2014 Haters Guide to Wlliams-Sonoma is available

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/the-2014-haters-guide-to-the-williams-sonoma-catalog-1667452305/+laceydonohue

Example (One of many listings:
Copy:
"Restaurant-quality beef cuts from Double R Ranch Co. Four 7-oz. filet mignons, four 16-oz. porterhouse steak and four 12-oz. ribeye steaks."

Drew Says: Twelve steaks. That's it. I could go to a restaurant and order 12 steaks, and it would still be less expensive than the 12 raw ones that this catalog claims will last me three whole months. Twelve steaks = ONE cookout. This ain't three months of sh_t. If someone built me a fallout shelter and told me there was three months' worth of steaks inside, and I went in to find only 12 steaks, I would push that person out of my shelter and let them be exposed to the incoming hydrogen flame blast. Cut the price in half, send me 90 steaks, and then we'll chat. For now, enjoy battling the mutant zombies on your own. Jerk.

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That is pretty funny!  Good lawd the prices are crazy.  

I like his response to the $60 hot chocolate pot. 

Drew Says: Yes, a hot chocolate pot.
    ...Hey, you know what other kind of pot is good for making hot chocolate? A POT. Like, any regular pot that you already have. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Great article-BTW Double R Ranch is tied to Snake River Farms (See below link):
    http://www.snakeriverfarms.com and I would endorse the SRF black brisket any day of the week.  The Gold is outta my league although could be a great "last meal on the planet".  FWIW-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.