Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ace hardware deal online today only

Options

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    DMW said:
    Guys...

Did you do the things?
    I'm getting very close to doing the things.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Firemanyz
    Options
    I just did the thing. Also used my discover card and you will earn 10% back in cash rewards. Which will bring mine down to $303 and some change. Then I'll take $303 from my discover rewards account to pay on the card. So in the end my XL egg was free using my rewards and now the joe jr will be also.
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I just bought a new smoker this week, and my wife will have my head if this shows up.  Great deal though.
  • DMW
    Options
    Firemanyz said:
    I just did the thing. Also used my discover card and you will earn 10% back in cash rewards. Which will bring mine down to $303 and some change. Then I'll take $303 from my discover rewards account to pay on the card. So in the end my XL egg was free using my rewards and now the joe jr will be also.
    10% on Discover? Do you have to sign up somewhere to get 10% instead of the normal? I have a Discover card.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Making a ceramic cooker is very simple. Takes less than 5 minutes. My ceramic cooker puts KJ's to shame. I can control the heat and the sweatness.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    DMW said:

DMW said:

Guys...

Did you do the things?

I'm getting very close to doing the things.

Do it. Let SWMBO get pissed. Then I'll take it off your hands in Salado, and your life will be good again.

See, I'm helpful like that. :D

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    I got a letter from Discover at the beginning of October that you needed to to their site to enter.  10% credit with online purchases between October and Christmas.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I would really like to jump on this too but I can't even justify it to myself... let alone to my wife!

"But Honey, I bought it to make cornbread..."
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • DMW
    Options
    jcaspary said:
    I got a letter from Discover at the beginning of October that you needed to to their site to enter.  10% credit with online purchases between October and Christmas.
    Thanks, I just logged in to Discover's site and found it. And I just measured the interior of the bed of my pickup and it will fit with my Undercover lid on and closed without the stand...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @caliking - it does include a stand, but it looks wanky.  I'll make a fancy one out of aluminum plate and exotic wood.
    That be true. We want pictures when it happens!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DMW
    Options
    OK, I did the thing.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Legume said:
    Making a ceramic cooker is very simple. Takes less than 5 minutes. My ceramic cooker puts KJ's to shame. I can control the heat and the sweatness.

before long he'll be questioning your orientation too.
  • minniemoh
    Options
    DMW said:
    jcaspary said:
    Thanks, I just logged in to Discover's site and found it. And I just measured the interior of the bed of my pickup and it will fit with my Undercover lid on and closed without the stand...

I just got back to my computer from measuring the height of my SBGE while you were posting. The carrier that I built will allow me to fit the small under my cover but I have to remove my "table nest" if you will, so things have to be cooled down. I was hoping to find that the KJ jr might fit in the stand so it would be easier. No such luck... I guess that may be a sign that I need to be smart here.
    eggAddict from MN!
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    @caliking - it does include a stand, but it looks wanky.  I'll make a fancy one out of aluminum plate and exotic wood.
    I want one for mine..... :D
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    DMW said:
    Firemanyz said:
    10% on Discover? Do you have to sign up somewhere to get 10% instead of the normal? I have a Discover card.

I do too and it's 5% for online purchases thru the end of the year, Maybe in missing something. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    It's happening....this thread is sinking...sinking....sinking.  Time stamp manipulation....
    Options
    I thought it was 5% also but I'm usually wrong (at least the wife says so) so I didn't say anything.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • minniemoh
    Options
    @nolaegghead  Congratulations on your 12,000th post. You will now be banned.  :P
    eggAddict from MN!
  • DMW
    Options
    @GATABITES Log in to discover.com and then go to special offers and find Ace. Click the shop now button to get the special 10% discount that is valid until 1/8/2014.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Firemanyz
    Options
    @GATABITES‌ @jcaspary‌ go to the rewards section and the earn more tab. Look for ace hardware then you have to like to the site from discover.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @minniemoh Thank you sir!  I've somehow managed not to be banned despite having the highest troll count on the forum.  I've probably doomed myself now.
    @nolaegghead‌ you and me both. I'll be done for starting the thread.
  • minniemoh
    Options
    I'll get to work on the "Bring 'Em Back" thread right away.
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    time check - posted at 418 EDT
  • fannin
    fannin Posts: 18
    Options
    Yz how you going to jump ship?
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @minniemoh Thank you sir!  I've somehow managed not to be banned despite having the highest troll count on the forum.  I've probably doomed myself now.

on a percentage basis trolls not that bad. so there's that.
  • Firemanyz
    Options
    @fannin‌ you know I'm a deal seaker and this is a great deal. Also it is WAY less than the mini max you just got.
  • Firemanyz
    Options
    I think the thread has been shot down.
  • DMW
    Options
    Firemanyz said:
    I think the thread has been shot down.
    It is slowly sinking...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• minniemoh
    Options
    @DMW have you told the Mrs. about your second new cooker today? 
    eggAddict from MN!