Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ace hardware deal online today only

Options
Firemanyz
Firemanyz Posts: 907
edited December 2014 in EggHead Forum
I got an email today that @acehardware.com KJ and KJ JR would be 10% off today if ordered online. I decided to check out the site and added one to my cart. A jr regular price is 449.99 but once in the cart it came down to 337.49. This has me thinking. Wanted to let everyone know about the deal. Also does anyone know what their warrenty policy is? Thanks

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Stop it. 

I REALLY don't need any more cookers. :D
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Firemanyz
    Options
    Neither do I but it looks to be a deal. Also i can pick it up in Delaware and save the sales tax also.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    For that price, I'm trying not to buy it...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Firemanyz
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    edited December 2014
    Options
  • Firemanyz
    Options
    What's their warrenty policy?
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Firemanyz said:
    It's supposed to be the same as the egg. Apparently, they ship the parts to you.
  • Firemanyz
    Options
    @Eggcelsior‌ don't you have a KJ jr?
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Firemanyz said:
    Life time on the ceramics as well. Had a cracked Firebox on my KJ Big Joe.
    One call to the company. Sent them a photo and they had a new one on the way the next day. No charge for Firebox or Shipping. No having to deal the local dealers. I know some dealers are great but many people have issues dealing with repairs going through their local BGE Dealer. They kind of set their own rules. With KJ it's all direct and they have been very helpful in the past.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Wow that is a great deal.  They have a lifetime warranty on the ceramics- very similar to BGE.  I don't have a Joe, but have heard good things about them and the customer service/warranty.  If you are in the market I wouldn't hesitate. 

I'm sure you might have noticed this, but $449*.9 = $404.  $337.49 is close to 25% off.   I just added it to my cart as well and saw the same thing.  Something else interesting is I tried with the large Joe but it didn't show any discount (even though the add states 10% off all of them).  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    I do not. Just a Mini and a Lg.
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    One heck of a deal. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Firemanyz
    Options
    @SmokeyPitt‌ yes I did notice the difference and I also tried adding the regular joe to my cart and noticed there was no discount. Trying to justify it to myself right now.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I was hoping they made th esame mistake on the big joe also. I tried several times to add it to my cart and no discount. Thats a heck of a deal on the Jr though.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I just ordered a red jr.  comes with the indirect setup too.

1-7 days before local (2.3mile) pickup.  Can't wait.
    Options
    I tried a few additional coupon codes and couldn't get anything more off the price.  But the sales tax was reduced from what I expected.   Also, looks like I may not get the red.  I don't care as long as it's new and in perfect shape.

Description: Kamado Joe Joe Jr. Ceramic Grill (KJ13RH) Item#: 42684096
    Size: One Size
    Color: One Color
    Quantity: 1 @ $337.49

Please wait for your Ready For Pickup/Shipping Confirmation email before going to the store.

Cost Summary:

Sub-Total:                         $337.49
    --------------------------
    Shipping:                            $0.00
    Sales Tax:                          $13.50
    ==========================
    Order Total:                       $350.99
    Options
    @Nolaegghead I just ordered a pressure washer from Ace and found out they say 1-7 days because the store only get 1 delivery a week. If you call the store and ask them when their delivery day is you can find out what day you will get it.
  • Firemanyz
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌ congrats I have been looking for other codes also and have not found any. Will this be your first joe? Trying to justify in my mind. What size egg is this equivalent to? A small or mini?
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @Lit - sweet!  They tell me I'll get an email when I can pick it up, but sounds like it might be earlier.
    Options
    Firemanyz said:
    @nolaegghead‌ congrats I have been looking for other codes also and have not found any. Will this be your first joe? Trying to justify in my mind. What size egg is this equivalent to? A small or mini?
    Slightly larger cooking surface than a small.  13.5" vs 13".

Comes with ash tool, grate lifter, indirect ceramic thing, hinge grate.

Yep, my first Joe.
    Options
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I tried a few additional coupon codes and couldn't get anything more off the price.  But the sales tax was reduced from what I expected.   Also, looks like I may not get the red.  I don't care as long as it's new and in perfect shape.

Description: Kamado Joe Joe Jr. Ceramic Grill (KJ13RH) Item#: 42684096
    Size: One Size
    Color: One Color
    Quantity: 1 @ $337.49

Please wait for your Ready For Pickup/Shipping Confirmation email before going to the store.

Cost Summary:

Sub-Total:                         $337.49
    --------------------------
    Shipping:                            $0.00
    Sales Tax:                          $13.50
    ==========================
    Order Total:                       $350.99
    @nolaegghead  - congrats!  I think you got the red.  The model number of black is KJ13BH

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Cool!

I think I'd call this grill a cross between a mini-max and a small in the BGE world.
    Options
    20 pounds lighter than the BGE small at 68 pounds.  I'll make a carrier for it so I can take it places.

If there ever was a reason to ban people on this forum, it should be this rather than potty mouth words uttered in petty political arguments.
    edited December 2014
    Options
    20 pounds lighter than the BGE small at 68 pounds.  I'll make a carrier for it so I can take it places.

If there ever was a reason to ban people on this forum, it should be this rather than potty mouth words uttered in petty political arguments.
    I promise you it's not 20 pounds lighter than the Small BGE.
    Spec weights are normally not product alone. Jr also comes with pizza stone and Woo type raised system.

The carry stand is OK but I'm sure you could build better. I put high temp heater hose around the outer ring to hold it tight and stop the ceramic from rubbing. Joe Jr is nice. Very nice at that price. 
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

No worries. I'm pretty sure this thread will be sunk.. soon.

I thought the KJ Jr included a carrier/stand?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
     nolaegghead standards.
    I have seen some of his past handi-work...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @caliking - it does include a stand, but it looks wanky.  I'll make a fancy one out of aluminum plate and exotic wood.
    Options
    Guys...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I'm feeling VERY uncomfortable with this conversation.   :D

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    DMW said:
    Guys...

Did you do the things?