Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE & Wine Poll

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK Eggsperts....[p]A little poll for you: What is your favorite BGE recipe & wine combo?[p]As a newbie, I am afraid I don't have much EGGsperience to share, but my recent mixed grilled veggies and Dale's BBQ Honey Chicken was very nicely complemented by a 1998 Honig Sauvignon Blanc...mmmmmmmmm.[p]I look forward to seeing what you like![p]Regards,
E1

Comments

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Eggcitable One,[p]I fondly remember an event for just me and the Mrs. which included a couple of Certified Angus filets and a wonderful 1991 Thomas Hardy Coonawarra. I wish I could afford this stuff on a more regular basis. We received the bottle as a gift.[p]K~G
  • Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Options
    Eggcitable One,[p]I like New Zealand sauvignon blancs (especially Stoneleigh and Grove Mill) with Egged chicken; Carneros Creek Pinot Noir with ribs, pork tenderloin and salmon. And you can't beat a good Zinfandel (Bialey, if friends are buying) with brisket. [p]Matching wine with smoked food is a lot of fun. In general, anything not too oaky or tannic, with a lot of fruit, works well.[p]Cathy

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Eggcitable One,[p]Well seared filet mignon and a Calf. Cabernet Sauvignon -- the Egg "needs" red wine!![p]Tim
  • sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Eggcitable One,[p]Gotta say that my egg food typically likes a nice red wine, specifically one lending itself to the dry side. A good Cabernet or Zinfandel works well with the deep smoke taste of the meat. For specifics on the wine, I like the 1994 Berringer Estate Reserve Cabernet. Was lucky enough to fall into a case of it in the early 90's, drinking REAL WELL right now. Only 2 bottles left. I also like an Austrailan Wine, Petit Sirah (essentially a Cabernet), and for the life of me I cant think of the name of the vintner. It will come to me, but its a great wine. Have had several different bottles of this, different vintages, and they have been consistently good and relatively good price per bottle.[p]Troy
  • sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    sprinter,[p]Rosemount Estates - thats the vintner. Figures as soon as I hit the submit button on the other post it would hit me. Worth a try if you can find it.[p]Troy
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Eggcitable One,
    An old standby at the Applemanse is a hamburger & Walnut Crest Cab. ( We call it "hamburger red").
    Also, Portugese "green wine" has been refreshing with seafood all summer.
    Bone appétit! JCA

• Cat
    Options
    J Appledog,[p]I've recently discovered Vinho Verde too...lovely summer sipping wine. And the cheapest/youngest ones with a little bit of bubble are the best.[p]Cathy

• Cat,[p]Can you suggest some labels I should look for when shopping for a Portuguese Green Wine? It looks interesting.[p]Regards,
    E1

• Cat
    Options
    Eggcitable One,[p]The one I've been drinking is Casal Garcia. The most important thing to look for is a very young one - less than a year in the bottle. [p]Cathy