Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Score with a hitch!

Options
I went to my local butcher today and seen a bone in Frenched pork loin (6 bones) for 5.99 a pound I ask him how much would it be if I didn't want them Frenched and if I bought a whole one he said a whole one was 28 pounds, 2 14 pound pieces and untouched was 2.99 a pound I ask how much would they be if I bought two of them 56 pounds he said 2.49 a pound, I said I'll take two of them. I had him cut them into 7 pound roasts which were eight and nine bones apiece and when I brought them home to separate them to freeze them I realize that the bone in them was whole and I have no way to cut them individually after I cook them as a whole roast, what's the best method for cutting through that bone? The third picture is of the monster that he put in to a crown roast and trimmed and cut the backbone in for me at Christmas last year for 499 a pound.
Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE

Comments