Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Restaurant Needed in Omaha

Options
Does anyone on here live in Omaha?  I will be there for work next week, looking for some restaurant recommendations...

Thanks.

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @3andsomedust @bowhunr both live there
    edited December 2014
    Options
    go to this Blog.  http://www.saraheatsomaha.com/  Just went to Omaha in Sept and ate at some of her recommendations and she's spot on.    Block 16 was great, funky but super small.  Went to Spencers steak place in the "Old Market" area that was $$$ and just OK.  The Old Market area is pretty cool, lots of restaurants and bars.  

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited December 2014
    Options
    My cousin said Jericho's is a pretty good spot. (I have never been there though).
    If you're ever in Lincoln Nebraska stop at Misty's you won't regret it.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    I'm an Omahan as well. The best places to eat in my opinion are in the Dundee area. My favorite place in town is called Dario's Brasserie. It specializes in French and Belgian cuisine and has a ridiculous Belgian beer selection. The menu itself isn't very big, but they do everything very well. If you're a fan of mussels, I highly suggest those. I assume you're either from New Orleans or just a fan of Tulane...and in that case, I may be silly to suggest seafood to someone coming to the midwest.

Steakhouses- I would suggest Flemings, or Sullivan's.

Mexican- taquiera Tijuana. Cheap, but crazy, crazy good.

Unfortunately, the BBQ scene here is not impressive. Unless you go to @BOWHUNR‌ house. He's got mad skills.

Any particular type of food you're craving? Know where you'll be staying?

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• GreenWave36
    Options
    Thanks for the responses... not sure what we will be craving just want to eat a good meal, it seems like there are a bunch of good options here... 

What is the best place to stay downtown?  Hotel Deco?  I will be on an expense account so not too focused on the cost.

Thanks.
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    We've passed through Omaha a few times and have enjoyed a Greek restaurant called Greek Islands at 3821 Center Street. Not a fancy place, but the food was very good.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    The Garden Cafe was very good the last time i went there.

K.C. Beef Lovers Noodles...Yum!
    Gittin' there...
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Ask Peyton Manning. ...he's always talking about Omaha. =))
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    Can't help you in the "where to stay" category. Sorry man. Downtown/old market area will be a solid choice all around in terms of good restaurants, bars, things to do.

Another cool place is called Blatt Beer and Table. It's named after the old Rosenblatt stadium, where the college World Series used to be played. Blatt B&T is right next to the new CWS stadium. They have a great beer selection and good food as well.

If you're a scotch fan, check out the Dundee Dell.

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE