Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who says burgers have to be flat and round?

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
So I wanted burgers tonight. I mentioned this to SWMBO this morning and I'm informed we don't have hamburger buns, but we do have hoagie rolls. Hmm...got some ground beef out of the freezer, we'll make this work.

Seasoned these with Dizzy Pig Cow Lick and added a bit of mesquite to the lump and started them indirect. I put them on around 250* and let the temp rise to 325*.

image\

After about 30 minutes or so, I pulled the platesetter that no longer has legs.

And then turned them and re-arranged per fire conditions below. Here was mine.

I started turning them too soon before they were really set up. But that didn't impact the taste, only appearance. We had my big guy's band concert tonight (he plays baritone) and on the way there I asked if they liked the flavor. They all said, yeah those were really good. Funny thing is my wife complains that meatloaf from the egg is too smoky.

Anyways, just to say, ground beef can take many shapes, not just round and flat.

They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments