Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Unit #7. A quick peek.

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Scotty told me that he's gonna cook several hundred pounds of stuffed chicken, butt, pork loin, pork butt and brisket.  He's thinking about running an ad in the Austin American-Statesman about the ultimate smoker.  He's calling Unit 7 "Bazooka Smokalooza".  It will be the highlight of the show.
    Options
    @cazzy - dude, SGH is gonna bring this beast out to the Salado fest.  Might knock over some eggs and picnic tables, but you need to be there!!!  It will be epic!

Is Caz back? Haven't seen him.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @cazzy- Are you and @Big_Green_Craig‌ really teaming up? If so, that is cool. He posts some killer cooks for sure.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @Cazzy - you're a big strong dude.  I think we might have a WWE event if you both show up.  My science background tells me that two different objects can't occupy the same space at the same time, so I encourage both of you to prove that right or wrong.  Or you guys could be BFFs.  This forum is fun.
    Woah. Great lo
  • Socalcajudo
    Options
    Great looking rig you got there
  • SGH
    Options
    Great looking rig you got there

Thank you sir.

Status- Standing by.

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    SGH said:
    JRWhitee said:
    Forget the smoker that is one hell of a fork lift!

It's for sale if you are interested.
    I pm'd you.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    cazzy said:
    I am already saving so I can cook side by side with Big Green Craig at the 2015 Eggtober Fest. We're BRINGING it and it WILL be EPIC! I can't divulge our entire menu, but there will be deep fried cocunut crusted coon balls, served with a vanilla creme dipping sauce. =P~
    ^:)^
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Nice unit!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    Nice unit!  
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    2000 lbs?  Hmmm.  Figure a pound and a quarter for the two of us ... getting older and slowing down at the table.  So, that's enough meat for 1600 meals over about 4 years and 5 months.  Might be a little too big for us ... now mini #7 might work.

I'm shaking my head, but I'm all smiles ... it does look good.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Watch Out Y'all! #7 Is en route to Salado >:)
    The Blues Brothers 106 miles to Chicago: http://youtu.be/TbF29c_FpV8
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    edited December 2014
    Options
    wow, very cool.  
    B-)

How many of the units do you keep for yourself versus sell?  
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options

Good GOD.  I know absolutely nothing about that kind of thing --  Vertical, offset, it's all foreign -- but that rig looks *awesome!*  @SGH if you have time / inclination, can you post some more pictures of that thing and point out WTF the different parts are and what they do?

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    Options
    @SGH - That looks incredible.  It truly put me over the edge on attending Salado.  Plus with the newest cooking team of NOLA, Cazzy and BGC, there will be more sparks flying than when Tony lights his beloved RO with the flamethrower.  I'm going to start training immediately - gotta bulk up.  Also need to bring my imbibery up a couple notches.
    Santa Paula, CA
  • AlbertaEgger
    Options
    Those units look great!! Wish I could make it to one of the fests such as Salado one of these years.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    tksmoke said:
    @SGH - That looks incredible.  It truly put me over the edge on attending Salado.  Plus with the newest cooking team of NOLA, Cazzy and BGC, there will be more sparks flying than when Tony lights his beloved RO with the flamethrower.  I'm going to start training immediately - gotta bulk up.  Also need to bring my imbibery up a couple notches.

Just a point, Tony is not into RO. photo 6579fd3d.jpg
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SGH
    Options
    tksmoke said:
    Plus with the newest cooking team of NOLA, Cazzy and BGC,
    The Dream Team, this I got to see ;)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    SGH said:
    tksmoke said:
    Plus with the newest cooking team of NOLA, Cazzy and BGC,
    The Dream Team, this I got to see ;)

I'm going to ask brother Strick & Mickey to team up with me to counter this ;)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    tksmoke said:
    @nolaegghead- See the above.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I know I'll be there but haven't decided if I'll cook yet. It would be fun just to wonder around drinking with no responsibility.

Hey, are you gonna get the stripper pole welded on to unit 7 in time for the fest?
    Options
     Hey, are you gonna get the stripper pole welded on to unit 7 in time for the fest?
    I'm trying to work the logistics out now for the pole installation my friend. Due to lack of structural support, we are going to have to limit the girls to no more than 125 pounds ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    SGH said:
    I'm trying to work the logistics out now for the pole installation my friend. Due to lack of structural support, we are going to have to limit the girls to no more than 125 pounds ;)

Somehow I assumed that would take care of itself?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    @SGH‌ 's unit will be in the centerfold of Playgrill magazine in January.
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    There is way too much talk about another man's unit going on here. Maybe you guys want to try grinder. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Is not the women I'd be concerned with. ... it's all the men in kilts.
    Options

Only the ones under 125 and what the hell, I will be in bed by then.

• SGH
    Options

There will be Absolutley no men allowed on the pole. Especially ones in skirts ;)

Status- Standing by.