Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Leftover pulled pork super nachos, Anton style. Or, taco salad that contains no actual salad.

Options
anton
anton Posts: 1,813
edited December 2014 in EggHead Forum
As I have explained before, I live in a predominantly Spanish neighborhood, so I stopped at my little Carniceria/market on the way home and got the fresh ingredients.
I jokingly call this pile'o mess, "Antons taco salad that contains no actual salad", but it is more like super nachos or whatevah.

It is another great way to use leftover smoked meats, I also use brisket instead of the pulled pork.
Start with pile of corn chips, add cheese, put hot refried beans, and hot meat on top to melt cheese,
then pico de gallo, salsa verde, fresh crema ( not sour creme, crema is different, not sour),
top with more cheese. I was out of olives, usually sliced olives as well. The refried beans I made from scratch, pinto's soaked overnight, refried with jalapeno and bacon fat till done.

This is a lazy night dinner, took 15 mins to prepare after beans were done.(beans take 1/2hr to 45 mins) Thank for reading, peace out.
:)>- imageimageimage
 Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "

Comments