Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any Linkedin members here?

Options
SMITTYtheSMOKER
SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
edited December 2014 in Off Topic
There is a group of Linkedin members that are BGE owners, anyone here?

Hit me up for a connection if you want.

Darry Smith

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Invite sent!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Which group? I see Big Green Egg BBQers (I'm a member there), and also Big Green Egg Fanatics?

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Lol.. Shows how thorough I read sometimes... I just sent a standard invite to him.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    Always willing to connect to an Egg brother.

I am in the "Big Green Egg Fanatics" group.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    I couldn't stand all the freakin' emails they sent me so I cancelled. This is literally the only social media I'm attached to.
    Dunedin, FL
  • DMW
    Options
    yzzi said:
    I couldn't stand all the freakin' emails they sent me so I cancelled. This is literally the only social media I'm attached to.
    LinkedIn is pretty much a normal part of business for me. Connecting on LinkedIn has almost replaced exchanging business cards.

It is also used extensively by recruiters BTW...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    DMW said:
    yzzi said:
    LinkedIn is pretty much a normal part of business for me. Connecting on LinkedIn has almost replaced exchanging business cards.

It is also used extensively by recruiters BTW...

Couldn't agree more.  I don't use it enough really.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    Whether you are a member there or not, someone in the companies you are interested in or worked for is. Be sure you kiss everyone's behind during your tenure. They can 'blacklist' you throughout the site in a keystroke! Linkedin has ruined/limited more careers than it has created. 
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    @DMW, I don't even have business cards. I'm a software engineer so a business card for me doesn't really do much, lol.
    Dunedin, FL
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Y'all are welcome to connect with me on LinkedIn.  Search "Tim Potts; Audiovisual Project Manager"
    on LinkedIn.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I sent an invite to you both, Darry and to Tim. Since I am in job search mode the bigger the network the better. thanks guys.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    This shows how tech savvy I am. "What's that?"
    Flint, Michigan
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited December 2014
    Options

Darry Smith

I created a account about 2 years ago. For got all of my log in info. I still get invites and emails from them daily but do not know how to get into the account. Need to try and figure it out.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    The Big Green Egg "company" at linkedin is where I saw all of the jobs listed at BGE that someone had asked about several weeks ago.

Smokinpig ...send me an invite at Linkedin Please.

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to join my network as well.  Matthew Hussey - Low and Medium Voltage MCC Quotations Engineer 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
    Options
    This shows how tech savvy I am. "What's that?"
    LinkedIn is like Facebook for business;

Member since 2009
  • kdink
    kdink Posts: 336
    Options

Darry Smith
    sent
    phil taylor
    2 Xl's, MM and Forno Bello
    Pizza Oven in Bergen County, NJ
  • bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    Options
    just joined

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle

• dldawes1
    Options
    bodski...connect to me if you want.

Here are 2 groups to join if you want.

Big green egg bbqers group
    big green egg fanatics group.

• bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    Options

@dldawes1, are you listed as Donnie Dawes?

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle

• dldawes1
    Options
    bodski   yes.

Analyzer technician at Dow Corning.

• SoCalWJS
    SoCalWJS Posts: 407
    Options
    I have a Linkedin account, but am not a member of any BGE group there.

Question: Is there a reason to join? I am already active on 3 BBQ Forums and visit several others. I get questions answered quickly and try to answer those that I think I can help with. Access to tons of recipes. Attend GTG's and Fests.

Why join Linkedin BGE group? 
    South SLO County
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I have a pretty good LinkedIn story. A friend of mine is in industry, and he wasn't on LinkedIn - didn't see the point. So his employer encouraged him to set up a profile. I guess they thought it would be good for their business. Three months later, he was contacted by a headhunter through LinkedIn and ended up leaving his job for a better one. He wasn't even looking to move before he set up a profile.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    I am like a few of you here. I set one up a LONG time ago, but I don't even have my login credentials anymore. Maybe I should update my profile. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • DMW
    Options
    I have a pretty good LinkedIn story. A friend of mine is in industry, and he wasn't on LinkedIn - didn't see the point. So his employer encouraged him to set up a profile. I guess they thought it would be good for their business. Three months later, he was contacted by a headhunter through LinkedIn and ended up leaving his job for a better one. He wasn't even looking to move before he set up a profile.
    Yep, when I was a hiring manager, our recruiters would send me links to LinkedIn profiles to review. No LinkedIn profile = you don't exist.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• windnsea26
    Options
    I got my last 2 jobs through people I knew from Linkedin.  Very useful.
    San Diego, CA
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    SoCalWJS said:
    I have a Linkedin account, but am not a member of any BGE group there.

Question: Is there a reason to join? I am already active on 3 BBQ Forums and visit several others. I get questions answered quickly and try to answer those that I think I can help with. Access to tons of recipes. Attend GTG's and Fests.

Why join Linkedin BGE group? 

Hello JS,

No, not much there, a few good conversations.  I mention this forum and suggest people to join in.
     Hard to tell real names against handles here.  Now it gets spammed by real Egg research posts.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

Options
    For those you that would like to connect with me on LinkedIn, either post your name and title so i can search you, or PM your contact to me, so I can request a connection with you.  The more connections the better on LinkedIn I think.  You never know who you might meet.
    Member since 2009
  • dldawes1
    Options
    I've had a lot of job offers through HR folks on Linkedin. My career path has become quite a specialty in the chemical, pharmaceutical, and petrochem industry. 

I might end up in the oil field with SGH in Saudi some day...never know !!!!

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I have two linked in accounts.  I'm a cross between Stephen Hawking and Bill Gates in one, and @henapple and @villageidiot in the other.   Meet-an-inmate.com keeps spamming me because of the latter.