Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Christmas Wish List

Have all the prep work done for tomorrow - Two Birds - One in the oven and one on the Egg so, of course,  I started to think about my Christmas wish list.  I really need a CI grate for my spider and was thinking that the Claycort CI grate would work well.  Any comments?  My only concern is that it looks like it has a ring with removable pieces.  Maybe the small CI grate would work better?  Here is the link.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004DSPSFW/ref=s9_simh_gw_p86_d1_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=1TBGK69681AMHBZM5G9Y&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=1970559082&pf_rd_i=desktop
Milton, GA.

Comments

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Kick Ash Basket

PS-WOO2-CI
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    @flynnbob - I use the SBGE cast iron grate on my spider. It works well. I'm not sure if I would want multiple pieces like the one in your link but just my opinion.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    minniemoh said:
    @flynnbob - I use the SBGE cast iron grate on my spider. It works well. I'm not sure if I would want multiple pieces like the one in your link but just my opinion.
    Thanks, @minniemoh that is what I was thinking.  I have been using a Weber grate but it isn't the same as cast iron.  I am going to order the SBGE CI to save my wife the trouble of finding it.  We really enjoy the reverse sear, especially on ribeyes!  BTW, I picked up a cool Lodge gridle and searing plate at Walmart the other day.  Fits the LBGE like a charm and it works great!
    Milton, GA.