Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

finished peps

jerseymatt
jerseymatt Posts: 112
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
peps.jpg
<p />finished product

Comments

• jerseymatt,
    I'll bite...what is it?

• FatDog
    FatDog Posts: 164
    jerseymatt,
    Them's some good looking peps. What did you put in them? I have been usin just refried beans with some black beans mixed in, some sort of spices (cumin, garlic, etc), and cheese. Looks like you may have some shreaded chicken, etc. Share!

• jerseymatt,
    Don't worry about those people who didn't read your first post....I would just like to know the amount of each ingredient that you used. They really look super. Mik

• mik_4,
    Well, I just did what seemed right. I did 2 whole skinless boneless chicken breast indirect at 250 dome temp. Used some pecan wood for smoke. Took over 1 hour and yanked them at internal temp of 170. Then I let t hem cool and then pulled or shreaded them. I had about 8 oz of cream cheeze sitting out to get room temp and I mixed that (with a spoon - nothing mechanical) and just about an entire bag of shreaded Mexican cheeze (think it was kraft in re-sealable bag). Then I raised the temp of the egg to about 475 and put the peppers on there until they got plyable. Took them off, opened em up and stuffed with the mixture. I sprinkeled the rest of the shreaded cheeze on top. Put it back on the grill at 450 indirect until the cheeze did what cheeze does - and the stuffing was hot. Only took about 10 minutes in the last stage.

• FatDog,
    smoked shreaded chicken, about 8 oz of room temp cream cheeze, and a bag of shreaded mex cheeze (the kind in the resealable bag) They were really good. Cream Cheeze makes em...well creamier!

• Arlene,
    they are stuffed italian pepers. stuffed w/ smoked chicken and cheeze!

• jerseymatt,
    Thanks for the info. I got it on paper and even thou it's about -15 out there right now my buddy can't wait for me to make these. He's got some pobolano's ( very hard to come by in Alaska) so we will sacrifice them to the smoked chicken and cheese god tomorrow. Wish us as much luck as you had. Mik

• Mik of Alaska,
    Good luck! Stay warm! If I can do it anyone can...trust me.