Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looft lighter lovers.....what'cha think

Options
I'm a big fan of the Looft lighter. Anyone seen or userd this? Saw it today for the first time.
Brandon, MS

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    Butane beast I think - I've used my Iwatani torch to get briquettes going, but it doesn't have a fan assist. How much are they? 

PS - that almost looks like a Canuckistan labeled box, English and French?
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Search using the word airlighter and you'll see some threads about this device.
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • loveTheEgg
    Options
    There was no price on it or anyone around to assist me. I'm not a fan of the local Egg dealer here. Took this picture so I coukd research it this afternoon.
    Brandon, MS
  • loveTheEgg
    Options
    Thanks xc242! I just saw this info. 79.95

The revolutionary Bison Airlighter is a portable air-driven fire lighter that jets a 4-inch flame to instantly ignite charcoal and wood, and delivers airflow to quickly spread the flames throughout the pile. Airlighter is the faster, cleaner, and safer way to light BBQs, campfires, wood fireplaces and just about any other fire.
    Brandon, MS
  • eggo
    eggo Posts: 492
    Options
    Noticed the box display shows a lot of sparks, like the looftlighter produces.
    I like the looftlighter but prefer the electric starter.
    Eggo in N. MS
  • BigGreenPackerFan
    Options

I personally would stick with the Looftlighter. You will love it. Any chance you can buy from somewhere other than the dealer you are not fond of?

• loveTheEgg
    loveTheEgg Posts: 573
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I have a looftlighter and a brand new spare one. I really like it.....I was just wondering after seeing it if it was better or handier since it was cordless. I just watched a YouTube Video comparison and I ruled out the airlighter since 1 you have to charge battery and 2 buy fuel. Oh well, I was just curious! Thanks for the responses.
    Brandon, MS
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    No thanks. I brought my mini to mom's for the holiday. Didn't bring my lighter (usually a mapp) and used paper towels and oil for chicken breasts on Wednesday. Worked great and virtually free. No power cord. No sparks. No running out of gas either. May just stick with this.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    Options
    I used to be a LooftLighter fan until mine burned out after 6 months. I converted over to the Bernzomatic MAPP and can't think of using anything else.
    Milton, GA.
  • loveTheEgg
    Options
    I have been using the same one for the last two yrs. I've used it about 3-4 times a week. It's still working....no problems here. :-)
    Brandon, MS
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Same with mine.
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited November 2014
    Options
    No thanks. I brought my mini to mom's for the holiday. Didn't bring my lighter (usually a mapp) and used paper towels and oil for chicken breasts on Wednesday. Worked great and virtually free. No power cord. No sparks. No running out of gas either. May just stick with this.

4 or 5 years ago I was the first one to arrive at the Plano Fest at the VFW. All the Eggs were lined up, BGE Lump piled up and no starter (I use gas). Like you I went in the kitchen and found some oil and a paper towel. That works so good but this is faster. image
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    It requires butane and runs out of battery pretty quick. Mine just sits in the bbq closet. Love my Looft.