Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Crispiest wings EVER, plus I'm sick of turkey posts!

Options
anton
anton Posts: 1,813
edited November 2014 in EggHead Forum
Since I don't have to cook tomorrow, (hahahahaha, evil laugh) I thought I would try some more wings and work on the crispy skin. ( I get to cook Saturday to accommodate multiple parents/ family members.) And I kid of course I love seeing all those delicious birds, keep em coming!

My technique this time was:
Pat wings dry with paper towel
Dust liberally with cornstarch first, then heavy rub, then more cornstarch
As they sat on the counter I noticed the rub and cornstarch starting to look moistened, so I hit them AGAIN, with a dust of cornstarch.
Cooked raised indirect
Cook time around 45 min
Put the hasselhof tater on 15 min prior, stuffed with pressed garlic , melted butter, and spices.

These wings were awesome, and so crispy, you would think they came out of a deep fryer, I am super stoked on the results.
Of course I had to toss some in Buffalo sauce made with Franks Red Hot sauce and butter. The rest were eaten crispy with the Plowboys Yardbird rub alone.

First time for the Hasselhof potato, enjoyed it.
imageimage
 Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "

Comments