Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3-2-1 Game Day RIBS

Options

i got a rack of babybacks for game day.  i've been wanting to try the 321 method and today was the day.  i did these indirect at about 250 with some apple wood for smoke.

Here's the rack with some rub applied and a dusting of brown sugar.  if you apply your rub and then dust with brown sugar, the sugar almost melts onto the ribs after about 10 minutes.  it seals the rub layer in pretty nicely.  a little bit will do the trick.

here we are after 3 hours at 250 indirect.  there was more pull back than appears in the picture.

this was after 2 hours wrapped in foil.  the foil wrap rub was a bit of parkay squeeze bottle spread, a bit of brown sugar, and some honey.  it sounds overly sweet but it really just builds another layer on top of your savory rub.  don't knock it til ya try it ;-)

sauced them and put them on for 1 final hour to firm things back up a bit and caramelize the sauce.  

Done!

Comments