Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Thankful For? (Obligatory Thread)

Options
My God, my savior Jesus, my family, my friends, my country and my egg obsession.
Flint, Michigan

Comments

• BRush00
    BRush00 Posts: 367
    Options

Wife, Dogs, and Family, Health, Ski Season's here, being Canadian, oh - and boobs.

[Insert clever signature line here]
  • SouthGaSmoker
    SouthGaSmoker Posts: 98
    edited November 2014
    Options
    My beautiful wife and my 7 yo knucklehead chip off the old block.
    St. Mary's, GA
  • fletcherfam
    Options

Jesu Christo, Health, 3 beautiful fun kiddos, my new job, My beautiful amazing wife.

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Life and everything that makes it possible!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    I am Thankful For My Egg Family Here.............And there has been a lot of bickering lately so that makes it a real Family :)>-
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    edited November 2014
    Options
    My son that I am so proud of,my family and friends, the good life that I have made for myself, the fact that I am upright,and have some hair left.
    ;):)>-
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    A good life.  White privilege has really given me a comfortable life.  But I'm thankful I feel guilt from that advantage and have the capacity for empathy for those that do not, and for the separation of church and state, which less fortunate like atheists and women in Saudi Arabia and other countries that do not have our freedoms sorely lack.  Also I enjoy reading and I'm happy that, while enjoying magic, mysticism and fantasy, I do not believe in it, like many do.  Plus all that stuff that's obvious...family, friends, health, etc.
    Options
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    cats on the interwebz!!!
    Options
    My family, my friends,my employer, my country, and those who fight for my country so I don't have to.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options

Thankful for 10 years free of cancer, a husband who loves me unequivocally, two kids who are decent human beings and a far better person when I was their age. Also a comfortable life, but with the ability to feel empathy for those not blessed with my privileges.  

Oh, and of course...my BGE!

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    In no particular order, to be gainfully employed, health, craft beer, the second amendment, to live in the greatest country on the planet, my family, my dogs, to have discovered the BGE and this forum.
    Jacksonville FL
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    edited November 2014
    Options
    First and foremost family.... Then beer, lots and lots of hoppy goodness :D
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options
    Wonderful and very healthy family, great friends, ability to help those less fortunate, and certainly not the least is freedom, everything that it entails, and those who fight for it. 

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Thankful For family, friends, and my dog. Oh and to be born in the USA!!!!!!!!!' \m/
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    The already named obvious plus all the friends on this forum.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    ^^most of the above^^

"I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    A family that is more than I could have ever dreamed it to be, my job, my families health, the great men and women of our armed forces and pizza on the Egg!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    All the stuff that is in most of the above. In this town, to be gainfully employeed is a privalige. We had the second highest unemployment rate in the nation at the height of the recession. To be employeed to the point that my wif Evan stay home for the last 13 yrs with my boys. Priceless.

plus the last couple of months with you guys.
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options
    Career, and The Perfect Wife and Kids.

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options
    And most importantly, Jesus.

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited November 2014
    Options
    As a Canuck, we celebrated our Thanksgiving last month on a Monday, but with full respect to our American Cousins I think any country that has a two day Thanksgiving deserves our complete support. Years ago I used to book off work and sit with my pre-school-age kids, watching Bill Conrad and the Macy's Parade - now it is the grandkids - life is great. 

Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving folks!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    anton said:
    My son that I am so proud of,my family and friends, the good life that I have made for myself, the fact that I am upright,and have some hair left.
    ;):)>-
    I have minimal hair left, but "who gives a F$%^".  And I'm thankful for the wonderful life I've had and that I'll be done with my recent contract of 15 months next week and going back into retirement mode.  But most of all my wonderful and successful children and incredible bride.

And last, that I got a fricken Egg last month!!!
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • BigAlDaddy
    Options
    My beautiful wife, hunting with my boys, our family and friends, and my dogs. Happy thanks Giving everyone. We all have a lot of blessings to be thankful for.
    LGBE Marietta, GA
  • travisstrick
    Options
    I'm thankful for my lack of sexually transmitted disease.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Everything positive in my life. Keeping it simple so I don't leave anybody or thing out.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • FarmerTom
    FarmerTom Posts: 685
    edited November 2014
    Options
    piney 's thread on Ferguson last night before it was taken down this morning.  Do wish I had copied what I read.  Glad to see that most of the contributors ( ? that may be a bit generous) are still on board.  Somehow doubt there will be a petition for gator-eggers return.  Unless of course it was for an encore.

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• jonnymack
    Options
    Family, incredible wife and 3 wonderful boys. Blessed with health and have had an incredible life that still has (hopefully) a long way to go. I work too much and my commute sucks but if that's all I can come up with then I would say life is tremendous.  
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    My boys...they are the loves of my life and the reason I breathe. The rest of my family. My friends. Being a teacher...while many in the media think it's the worst job in the world, I have the best job in the world, with the best coworkers, at the best school, and the best students. Cooking...it is my hobby that gives me everything I want...I get to create and feed those I love.
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy