Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pigs in a Blanket (6pics)

Options
disabledBGEWDE
disabledBGEWDE Posts: 79
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Egg%20Cap.JPG
<p />Well... it has been a while since my last posting. My wife of 15 years has left me and our kids to spend the rest of her life with a 23 year old marine. I have been in mourning long enough. I fired up the egg for the first time in several months, just to do something simple. I had forgotten how much I loved doing this. Keep us in your prayers! WDE [p]Pigs1.JPG
6:15 PM
Pigs2.JPG
6:18 PM
Pigs3.JPG
6:25 PM
Pigs4.JPG
6:30 PM
Pigs5.JPG
6:35 PM
Pigs6.JPG
6:40 PM[p]Look Good HUH???

Comments

• BGEWDE,
    They look great! Did you put em in buns or eat as they are?

• TulsaMurph
    Options
    So sorry to hear of your misery, who knows, maybe there are bigger plans for you one way or another. A very nice man I worked with a long time ago was leaving, I suppose he was fired, and I reminded him that when one door closes, God opens another. He replied, "Oh, I know that, it is just that God opens so many doors for me, sometimes I don't know which one to go through!" I'll never forget that guy.

I hope all goes well for you and your family in the future, and firing up the therapeutic egg is a great way to kick the blues away. The dogs... er pigs look great!
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    BGEWDE,
    I really like the first picture. You should have entered it in Woodogie's Photo contest.[p]And the Pigs in a Blanket look good too.[p]Spring "Salavating" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• disabledBGEWDE
    Options
    Jalopy Bob,
    I ate them as finger food as they are! And I have to say that they are wonderful.

• disabledBGEWDE
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    I just took the picture tonight! I kinda like that one too! The little oinkers were great as well.

• It has been a difficult thing to go thru. I cant imagine having to go thru anymore trials, but I am sure that there are more to come.
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    BGEWDE,
    Damn dude... Hang in there. Your probably doing better today than you were yesterday and you'll be doing better tomorrow that you are today. Baby steps... baby steps...

Apollo Beach, FL
  • disabledBGEWDE
    Options
    Wardster,
    We have had a hard time. The boys and I have cried and we have tried to grow together as a family. Keep us in your prayers.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Looks like you are eating well.
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Trouble
    Trouble Posts: 276
    Options
    BGEWDE,
    So sorry. Keep firing up the egg and doing those little things that make you happy. Big hugs to you and the boys.[p]Those piggies look great.

• Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Options
    BGEWDE,[p]Those look good. I enjoy cookin on the Egg cause it is something that involves the family.[p]Remember when you were child and Mom & Dad would spend an evening with you playing Uno, Miels Borne, Monopoly or some other simple game. It kept you all in the same room having fun and it was at a slow enough pace the you could talk to each other - good stuff.[p]Regards,
    Jetrho

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    BGEWDE,[p]Hey, Dude. Sorry to hear about the wife. But let me tell you, those dogs look wonderful. Thanks for the pics, and remember to submit them for the 2006 photo contest (I think I should now take credit for the first plug for the contest which I assume is about a year away. You should all also be sure to check out Eggfest 2012 six years from now. These pain pills make me whacky. I'm here all week!).[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Options
    BGEWDE,[p]Thanks for the e-mail.[p]Those would be a perfect culprit for my new soapstone griddles I just bought.[p]Prayers.[p]Mick

• BGEWDE,
    Hang in there my friend, there is life after devorse, ive been single for 12 years and never had so much fun.

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Those look great! For an added treat, if'n you like this sorta thing, try 'em dunkin' 'em in hot wing sauce near the end and put 'em back on for 5 mins or so to bake the sauce on. Hang in there and take care of those kids! Prayers, man.[p]Jim