Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reheating a whole 14lb brisket

Options
I'm smoking a 14lb brisket today, and need some advise on reheating it for lunch tomorrow. I'm planning on wrapping it in foil when it's ready to pull off this evening. Searched the forum, but looking for professional advise on reheating time and temp. I'll be reheating it in the oven. Thanks
Geaux Tigers!! West Monroe, Louisiana

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    You can reheat it in the foil or a aluminum pan. Either way I add 1 cup of beef broth to the foil or pan and then reheat at 275 degrees until a internal of 140 degrees. I have had great results using this method. Simple but very affective.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Let it cool off on a rack for 15 minutes or so after you pull it off.  Wrap it in foil and refrigerate.  Next day, pour some beef consume (or bullion) in the foil and heat in the oven until it's 140F.  Do this in a pan so you can capture any juice left over to pour over the brisket when you slice it - looks and tastes better.

There are better ways but they need specialized equipment - for example you can seal the whole brisket in a large folding foodsaver bag and reheat in a water bath.  If the time difference between cooking and serving is less than 14 hours or so, you can just keep it warm until it hits 130-140F then put it in a 170F oven to maintain temp.
    Thanks!
    Geaux Tigers!! West Monroe, Louisiana