Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prototype Mini Max Woo #3 Fits the BGE Platesetter

Options
This should be ready to ship next week per Tom at Ceramic Grill Store. He will post pricing as well. This one the Platesetter sits down in. Tom said it may be a couple of weeks before his stones are in if you don't use a Platesetter. imageimageimage
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I shot these pics in "landscape" to try to get them to post correctly. Did they? image
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Mickey said:
    I shot these pics in "landscape" to try to get them to post correctly. Did they? image
    yep
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Sweet custom antler handle.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • mgunders
    Options
    Nice, plenty of room for a drip pan.
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Options
    So does the grid sit at the felt line with PS legs down?
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • Mickey
    Options
    Sweet custom antler handle.

Moose

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

I don't have a MiniMax (yet), but I just wanted to say that it is ultra cool that @tjv has put out 3 prototypes for a new product, and field tested, in a week or so.

That's pretty damn awesome.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Options
    Greeno55 said:
    So does the grid sit at the felt line with PS legs down?

Above image

• Mickey
    Options
    caliking said:

I don't have a MiniMax (yet), but I just wanted to say that it is ultra cool that @tjv has put out 3 prototypes for a new product, and field tested, in a week or so.

That's pretty damn awesome.

Tom is one of the very good guys. Just wished he sold BGE.

• Greeno55
    Options
    Thanks @Mickey

Looks like it sits a touch lower than with legs up.  Or are the pics a bit deceiving. 

I agree, @tjv sure stepped up to the plate on this one.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • Mickey
    Options
    Greeno55 said:
    Thanks @Mickey

Looks like it sits a touch lower than with legs up.  Or are the pics a bit deceiving. 

I agree, @tjv sure stepped up to the plate on this one.

The height has more to do with where the Woo is placed. That being in the notches or above. If you need any exact measurements just say the word.

• Greeno55
    edited November 2014
    Options
    No thanks, no need to go to that trouble. Just trying to wrap my mind around the MM options. I think I get it now.  Thanks for being the guinea pig!  Although you don't look too troubled testing these awesome products.
    ;))
  • Mickey
    Options
    Greeno55 said:
    No thanks, no need to go to that trouble. Just trying to wrap my mind around the MM options. I think I get it now.  Thanks for being the guinea pig!  Although you don't look too troubled testing these awesome products.
    ;))

Ha, best job I have had sence retirement. Hell, better (more fun) than before retirement. And when you can do something for a friend it just makes it that much better.

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Does the stock Mini Max cooking grid sit any better on the Woo than it does on the BGE platesetter?
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited November 2014
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Does the stock Mini Max cooking grid sit any better on the Woo than it does on the BGE platesetter?

Yes, always fits better on Tom's rigs than the platesetter or fire rings of a stock Egg. The top ring holds the cooking grate in place.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Projected release date?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Is #3 the only one he's releasing? I told my wife that's what I wanted for Christmas. Is hate to get the wrong one :-/
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Mickey
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌ & @Jeremiah‌ The only one for sell will be the prototype #3. It is only different than the #2 in that it will now fit the BGE Platesetter as well as a 10" stone that Tom will have very soon. Tom said the New Woo for the Mini Max will be ready the first of the week to go. I leave Woo in the Mini Max, same as the Woo in the Mini (only the new Mini Max Woo is so much versitle than the mini woo).

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Thanks.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Happy Dance!!! Thanks Mickey! And Thank You Tom! @tjv‌
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Hey @Mickey since I got your attention, do you have an opinion on the 'Divide and conquer' system Kamado Joe offers?
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Mickey
    Options
    SoCalTim said:

Hey @Mickey since I got your attention, do you have an opinion on the 'Divide and conquer' system Kamado Joe offers?

Sorry, first time to hear of it?

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    No worries. The system is a half-rack system that allows you to have two heat zones so you can sear and cook all at one time without having to do any rearranging. 
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    I am glad I went with the woo with stone set up over the PS thanks for the post @mickey.  I have also put on the High Que grate it is a perfect combo..... wangs turned out great!  image
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • Mickey
    Options
    @McStew‌ you are ahead of me. Got to get the High Que on order.

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    My Mini max woo, drip pan and stone combo just arrived and my wife put it under the tree....

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • dihtn
    dihtn Posts: 234
    Options
    McStew said:

I am glad I went with the woo with stone set up over the PS thanks for the post @mickey.  I have also put on the High Que grate it is a perfect combo..... wangs turned out great!  image

Where did you get the High Que grate for the MM?

• McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    The High Que Large fits perfectly 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • badinfluence
    Options
    Dang we can get them now? Cost please.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options

Dang we can get them now? Cost please.

It's on CGS website. 2 different options.
    Both are currently on sale too.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014