Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Playing w/Mini Max-#2 Prototype Woo & High Que

Options
2»

Comments

• Judy Mayberry
    Options
    Hey Mickey, that particular wok in your pictures isn't on the Wok Shop page of available woks. Is that the one that Tane Chan sold you?
    Judy in San Diego
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Hey Mickey, that particular wok in your pictures isn't on the Wok Shop page of available woks. Is that the one that Tane Chan sold you?

Judy my Mini a Wok came from Ms Chain. I had this old wok for a number of years before Egging. If I was buying any wok today it would only come from Tane.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Mickey said:
    @NPHuskerFL‌ just found another shot of Wok & Woo image

Sorry to butt in,  but I would not buy the wok in this pic. I had one with a handle like this one, and I would almost burn my hand each time I used it. The handle is 2 pieces riveted to the handle, and the metal of the handle can come in contact with your hand. At least it did with mine.

The Wok Shop probably doesn't stock it because they have better products available. Do you use that one much @Mickey? Maybe your experience has been different.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    caliking said:
    Mickey said:
    @NPHuskerFL‌ just found another shot of Wok & Woo image

The Wok Shop probably doesn't stock it because they have better products available. Do you use that one much @Mickey? Maybe your experience has been different.

Agree 100% with the burning hands. Much better if was all metal and you would not be suckered in that the wood would take care of you. No, bet that is 10 years old and used a half doz times.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• CincyTiki
    Options
    @Mickey‌ how does your 12" Wok from the Wok shop fit in the Woo? It looks like The Wok Shop offers 12" & 14". Thanks
    Enjoying life in Cincinnati, Ohio - Large BGE & MiniMax BGE
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Sorry didn't see the earlier/previous comments in regards to The Wok Shop and style of wok. Thanks for the info Sir
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Mickey would a 14" work? I'm on their web site and I'm not seeing a 13" available. Thanks
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL