Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's Everyone Doing Today?

Options
I am at my local smoke shop enjoying one of my pipes and soon a cigar. Its nice to be on vacation. Good old Outlaw Cigar in Kansas City, No in the Northland.
XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.

Comments

• jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I just made some wings for a snack and about to grill a prime ribeye and a cheep fillet just incase the ribeye isn't enough protein for the wife and I. Also, just cleaned out the "inside" freezer and finished stocking our new freezer in the garage that was given to us by my father-in-law.

prime beef on top shelf, then choice, chicken/pork and ect.

In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    Working 
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    nice score, but you may want to consider flipping the order.  we had a freezer go out on us while we were away and when we finally got to it, everything on top was thawed, but the bottom shelves were still frozen.  it would suck to have to toss the prime but save the chicken and pork
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I went to my daughter's school and watched her give her book report. All the kids had to do one of an American historical figure. The kids dressed like their subject. My daughter was Abigail Adams (wife of President John Adams).
    Flint, Michigan
  • jls9595
    Options
    I am going to invest in a thermometer for it that has an alarm or something to let me know if the temp starts to rise. They make something like that right?
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    I am at work. I am always at work. I will of course be off on Thursday and Friday. I am so looking forward to a long weekend. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    I'm peeling and chopping garlic and helping my wife make pans of lasagna for Thanksgiving Day.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I also picked up my 20 pound turkey and it is brining as we post. Couldn't keep it from floating so I am going to turn it over around 10 where the breast will be on the bottom to get some good flavor.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options

I went to my daughter's school and watched her give her book report. All the kids had to do one of an American historical figure. The kids dressed like their subject. My daughter was Abigail Adams (wife of President John Adams).

You/y'all should watch the movie John Adams. (She played a major role obviously) Fairly historically accurate. Very entertaining.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Options
    Drinking my craft beer advent calender a week early and loving it!!! First time having beer from Austrailia and Stockholm.Realized I don't like sour beer!!!!
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Let's see... 
    • Pull membranes from ribs and salted said ribs, back in fridge
    • Took my big guy to school early for their Philly field trip
    • Cleaned garage
    • Fired XL BGE
    • Organized beer & meat fridge
    • Rubbed ribs and put on XL
    • Organized deep freezer
    • Cleaned basement
    • Prepped mac & cheese
    • Got a call from my beer distributor
    • Went to beer distributor and came home
    • Topped mac & cheese and on the XL
    And now big guy just arrived home from his field trip. Considering I just saw Philly on TV, I feel much better now.

Oh, here's the ribs and M&C:

And here's my score from the beer distributor:

I have so much to be thankful for...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • jls9595
    Options
    @DMW that's a full day, wow. Good job
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    Packing ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Just got home from work...

Have a few calls to make and then it will be prep for Turkey Day. Happy I finished the shopping last night as everyone around here is going batshit crazy with the holiday and now snow coming tomorrow, calling for 5-8 inches in our area... will be working very local tomorrow LOL