Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

If you could meet one forum member tomorrow, who would it be?

Options

Comments

• PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Girls, girls...you're all pretty!
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • Little Steven
    Options
    GQuiz said:
    @Little Steven‌ ... You made me look. Black Hills National Park is actually due south of Saskatchewan. Ironically enough, due south of a city called Estevan. Well played you Argonaut.
    I was just winging it. I could have looked it up too but that's like cheating.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Windsor is south of Detroit.
    Flint, Michigan
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    PNWFoodie said:

;;) :))
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    PNWFoodie said:

You haven't seen ompa-loompa
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    To everyone who named me, thank you. I'm honored my friends. I hope to meet each and everyone of you. Again thank you.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    PNWFoodie said:

That's it! I change my answer to @PNWFoodie‌
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    GreasePig said:

I wanna meet that BigGreenPharmacist dude...

He owes me money.. ;)

Actually I know him quite well and he speaks very highly of SGH so he'd probably be the one!
    Welcome the greasepig, folks. He's the one that got me eggin'. And he's a fellow razorback so that always helps.

Little Rock, AR

• StillSmoken
    Options
    I'd like to meet all the guys at Salado. If I get the days off from work I'm going.
    Kennesaw Ga. XL Egg. Cheers, Kevin
  • SGH
    Options
    I wanna meet that BigGreenPharmacist dude...

He owes me money.. ;)

Actually I know him quite well and he speaks very highly of SGH so he'd probably be the one!
    Welcome the greasepig, folks. He's the one that got me eggin'. And he's a fellow razorback so that always helps.

If he is a friend of yours, then he is a friend of mine. Welcome @GreasePig‌.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I'd like to meet all the guys at Salado. If I get the days off from work I'm going.

Getting a good number from Georgia.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• johnkitchens
    Options
    I would love to attend Salado, but my work schedule prevents it.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Chubbs
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    Chubbs

I miss you man
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Chubbs said:
    Chubbs

I miss you man

Thanks Mickey. Miss you guys too. Been lurking and still egging a ton just have not posted as much
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    Mickey said:
    Chubbs said:
    Chubbs

I miss you man

Thanks Mickey. Miss you guys too. Been lurking and still egging a ton just have not posted as much
    Good to hear from you Chubbs I miss your post
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    That is a good question, but there are too many to name other then the normal ones like; @SGH, @henapple‌, @NPHuskerFL and many others. Who I would really like to meat are other Eggers in my area to get to better. My dealer is talking about having an Eggfest in the Kansas City area, maybe next year I hope.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • SGH
    edited November 2014
    Options
    That is a good question, but there are too many to name other then the normal ones like; @SGH, @henapple‌, @NPHuskerFL and many others. Who I would really like to meat are other Eggers in my area to get to better. My dealer is talking about having an Eggfest in the Kansas City area, maybe next year I hope.

I hear that SGH is shady. Keep a close eye on him if you ever meet him ;)

Status- Standing by.

• bettysnephew
    Options
    @caliking I would like to learn more about Indian foods. Love the tastes have no idea how to order so I go to the local buffet.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    It sounds like he has come a long way since his first trip to Salado where he just watched me and my son slave away cooking pineapplebaconshrimp and never bothered to 1) introduce himself, 2) help, or 3) get me one of @henapple's beers.
    I retort:

1. I was too busy trying to snag some of those shrimp that your son so lovingly assembled while you whipped him.

2. See #1.

3. See #2.

All these deficiencies will be corrected next March. Its easy to be liberal with henapple's beer :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    edited November 2014
    Options
    @bettysnephew - this could be a long converstaion :) Could you shoot me your email?

Cedar Rapids had a place that we thought was reasonable, better than the places in Iowa City, when we lived there 2006-2009. If you get to Chicago, Devon has many excellent places.

• Black_Badger
    Options
    @bettynephew I know this might be controversial, but I think a buffet is the PERFECT venue to try a few new things. Granted, some of the most interesting stuff won't be there (I never seem to run into a nice rogan josh on the buffet line...), but it's a solid jumping off point, and you can always say 'I like chicken vindaloo but I want to try something a little different, what do you recommend?'.

@caliking, I'm out in Madison now (great Indian food here, by the way), but I am traveling throughout the midwest for work. If you put together a list that includes Chicago, Iowa City, etc I would treasure a copy!

Cheers all -
    B_B

P.S. - I realize rogan josh is probably technically a persian dish, but to me it's very similar to tikka masala: perhaps slightly inauthentic, but unbelievably good!!!
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    P.S. - I realize rogan josh is probably technically a persian dish, but to me it's very similar to tikka masala: perhaps slightly inauthentic, but unbelievably good!!!
    Little Steven if rogan gosh is your thing, here's him serving it at 2010 Niagara Eggfest:

canuckland
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Little Steven if rogan gosh is your thing, here's him serving it at 2010 Niagara Eggfest:

just google the recipe. it's much cheaper on your liver and sense of dignity...

• Black_Badger
    Options
    haha, my list just keeps getting longer and longer...

It is a terrific dish!

Seriously exploring the possibility of coming down for Salado. What's the liklihood of getting tickets?

B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • caliking
    Options

@Black_Badger - Lived in Chicago for several years, moved in 2006, so my recs may not be current.

Near the Loop, try Baba's Palace. Hole in the wall, frequented by Southwest Asian cab drivers, who play pool in the back. Others started going when word got out. But food is really pretty good. Open 24/7. Mutton masala used to be outstanding. In the morning, get a parantha with omelet - makes for a killer breakfast. The food is more Pakistani than Indian.

Also near the Loop, try India Garden for a decent buffet.

On Devon Ave - Sabri Nehari for Pakistani food, Dasaprakash or The Woodlands for South Indian. Moti Mahal or Raj Darbar were low-key joints with pretty good food as well (a lot of stuff tastes good after the bars close :) ). I used to like Tiffin because they had a bar. There used to be a place called Hema's Kitchen that was small but food was good - Hema herself cooked in the back.

Check if places are still open though, since my intel may be dated.

@bettysnephew - it could be a long conversation because I'm long-winded :)... not because there's something wrong with buffets. Buffets are a great way to start exploring a specific cuisine. I like that you can sample multiple things without having to order enough food for an army. If you're interested in recipes, I would be happy to share some.

And don't get LS started on rogan josh(t) ... it took cooking a moose to settle it the last time around.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    caliking said:

@Black_Badger - Lived in Chicago for several years, moved in 2006, so my recs may not be current.

Near the Loop, try Baba's Palace. Hole in the wall, frequented by Southwest Asian cab drivers, who play pool in the back. Others started going when word got out. But food is really pretty good. Open 24/7. Mutton masala used to be outstanding. In the morning, get a parantha with omelet - makes for a killer breakfast. The food is more Pakistani than Indian.

Also near the Loop, try India Garden for a decent buffet.

On Devon Ave - Sabri Nehari for Pakistani food, Dasaprakash or The Woodlands for South Indian. Moti Mahal or Raj Darbar were low-key joints with pretty good food as well (a lot of stuff tastes good after the bars close :) ). I used to like Tiffin because they had a bar. There used to be a place called Hema's Kitchen that was small but food was good - Hema herself cooked in the back.

Check if places are still open though, since my intel may be dated.

@bettysnephew - it could be a long conversation because I'm long-winded :)... not because there's something wrong with buffets. Buffets are a great way to start exploring a specific cuisine. I like that you can sample multiple things without having to order enough food for an army. If you're interested in recipes, I would be happy to share some.

And don't get LS started on rogan josh(t) ... it took cooking a moose to settle it the last time around.

my egg still smells like that moose...
  • Little Steven
    Options

It was just a lamb curry. Don't get Cali started. He thinks he knows something about Indian food. What a maroon.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Damn, Steve has a short fuse!