Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The kid requested wings

Options
GATABITES
GATABITES Posts: 1,260
edited November 2014 in Poultry
My little cousin turned nine and requested that I cook him wings for his birthday party. He and his friends (12-15 of them) went to laser tag; which is about 5 mins from my crib. I think I may have cooked 150 party wings, most were his favorite, bbq. It was a blast.  He had his pick of several varieties.  I rubbed some with Plowboys, Tsunami Spin, Lemon pepper, and curry. They all were great.  I had the XL, JR and my weber smokey joe silver. The weber was used for SWMBO aunt, who is vegetarian. She brought her own "Chicken" so I could grill it. I "warmed" it up with a few char marks and she also asked if I could sauce it. LOL - "No problem

It was a fun cook. I was so busy i only got a few pics so you would believe it happened. Here are shots of the first load of wings: PB's rubbed and sauced with Rod Gray IPA wings on the XL and the lemon pepper wings on the jr. 

imageimageimage
XL BGE 
Joe JR 
Baltimore, MD

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Looks like it kept you hoppin. Nice.
  • GATABITES
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Yes i did. I was hoppin. Im tired now as I type this post but the family had fun. One of our friends said, "I dont care if its snowing on my birthday (1/26) im having my party at your place. You can just shovel a path to the grill." LOL
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    That's awesome. That many wings is a ton of work! You earned your keep today.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • GATABITES
    edited November 2014
    Options
    the cen-texsmoker - Thanks man. I enjoy the egg so i wasnt too bad. If I didnt have the XL it would have been a bad experience. 

XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • StillSmoken
    Options
    Looks great! Sounds like a great day with the family!
    Kennesaw Ga. XL Egg. Cheers, Kevin
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    That's a serious amount of wings.  It's good to know they like your BBQ.  :)

Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    That looks awesome.  I love BBQ wings.  What sauce did you use?  I've been rubbing mine with Happy Holla then saucing with Bone Suckin Sauce. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited November 2014
    Options
    GATABITES said:
    the cen-texsmoker - Thanks man. I enjoy the egg so i wasnt too bad. If I didnt have the XL it would have been a bad experience. 

People that don't do what we do don't realize that when you do 100 wings, you are touching each of them 3-4 times over an hour- you are kicking ass non stop. I like it too but it's an ass kicker for a couple of hours straight.

Much easier to do a butt or a brisket and kick back and drink beer while you watch the thermo.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • uwing
    uwing Posts: 70
    Options
    That looks great!
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    You're a nice cousin and a good role model to those young boys! He requested wings at age nine. In a few years he will be looking for some breasts ;)
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Nailed it! Great looking wangs :-bd
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • GATABITES
    Options
    That looks awesome.  I love BBQ wings.  What sauce did you use?  I've been rubbing mine with Happy Holla then saucing with Bone Suckin Sauce. 
    I used Rod Gray's sauce. Its really good. I actually used the last of it. I will buy again. image
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD