Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

If you could meet one forum member tomorrow, who would it be?

Options

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options

Noticed I was dead last.
    :))

I went tallest to shortest. .. =))
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapple
    Options
    Ok...f!$@ you guys..I hate all of you.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Man, my list is a lot longer than just one:

Cen Tex, hapster, caliking, sgh, travisstrick, mickey, nolaegghead, cazzy, henapple, egret, nessesaryindulg, griffin, xc242, carolina Q

I know I'm missing a bunch of folks.

I assume that by meet we mean cook/eat with...

Cheers all -
    B_B

There is usually a lot of alcohol consumed... then the cooking starts.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I would like to meet the moderator(s) of this fine forum. So many questions...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Options
    I met Fred and Busters Dad already . So now I want to meet Hapster because he's a fellow Detroit Tiger fan and Travis to show me how not to screw up a brisket.
    The few Eggers around Bay City are not as in to it as me. I'll promote  as much as I can.

EGG ON !

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options

I think the premise of this thread is silly because there are so many eggheads I would like to meet.  That sounds cliché and politically correct, but it's true. Those I have met, I thoroughly enjoyed my time with them and look forward to seeing them again.  I'm not smart enough to list them because I'll forget somebody. Sadly, I've met only three or four of the Michigan eggheads.  That's something I hope will change.

One guy nobody has mentioned I think would have fascinating things to say is @Doc_Eggerton.  Plus it's easy to know what to give him.  Judging by the pictures he posts, we share an affinity for Jameson's.

So true, but I'm easy for any cheap whiskey.  Nice to be mentioned Fred.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• henapple
    Options
    I'd love to meet @Doc_Eggerton‌ ...if he'd fix me breakfast or shepherd pie...
  • Little Steven
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    I'm gonna crash the Salado Eggfest and make a name for myself, then everybody will want to meet me.
    I'll drink all of CenTex and Henapple's alcohol and steal the scooter from you know who!  Then NolaEgghead, SGH and I will roadtrip it and destroy N'Awlins while Hapster documents the destruction with his camera.
    Listen guitar man.....you keep your fleabitten paws off of Henapples beer!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    @Nolaegghead - one of the first off line conversations with an egger I had was a great discussion of how much bourbon you take out of the bottle before adding a splash of water to release the bouquet and then being able to just drink in a civilized manner directly from the bottle. This was all during a hurricane where as Nola put the weather was humming. BTW, the answer was removing 2 ounces from a 26er provides the right amount of space to add water. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Personally, I think it might be a good thing to NOT be idolized on any kind of Internet forum. It probably means that you are spending way too much time here. :)
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Personally, I think it might be a good thing to NOT be idolized on any kind of Internet forum. It probably means that you are spending way too much time here. :)
    Well, yeah...I think everyone mentioned is actually 23 and lives in their mom's basement. Their forum presence is just their alter-ego. 

:-B
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    edited November 2014
    Options

But on here I have a 6 pack of abs, devilishly good looks, and can grill every type of animal from every continent reverse seared. Who's going to believe that in person?

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    And having a "hero" here could mean that you have interpersonal problems too. :))
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    WeberWho? said:

But on here I have a 6 pack of abs, devilishly good looks, and can grill every type of animal from every continent reverse seared. Who's going to believe that in person?

You and me both!

When I was a kid I used a modem to dial into Prodigy and I gave marriage advice to unsuspecting adults. Those poor people!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    Options
    No one has a hero.  No one is idolizing anyone.... at least the OP.

Results shall be tallied and the person with the most votes is obligated to host a party.  It's an eggfest but it's not.. only one guy is doing the cooking.

Taking votes now for how long we should take votes.
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited November 2014
    Options
    rtt121 said:

Results shall be tallied and the person with the most votes is obligated to host a party.  It's an eggfest but it's not.. only one guy is doing the cooking.

Can I vote for @SGH again?

:D

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    rtt121 said:

No. This is a true democracy, you can only have two or more votes if you pay for them. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    rtt121 said:

Brother Whitee you can vote for me as many times as you want my friend :>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• fusionhq
    fusionhq Posts: 1,707
    Options
    First person that wants to meet me gets a bottle of makers.
  • rtt121
    Options
    I would like to meet @fusionhq
  • rtt121
    Options
    Sorry @fishlessman
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    edited November 2014
    Options
    My vote is @Travisstrick. Any dude who can serve his country far, far away, rock a kilt ....and cook on an egg...all while looking like a young James Brown... I want to drink with him. I would say @SGH but all that talk about his big Unit makes me feel... Inadequate. I had a super sh!tty week guys, thanks for being you. I equally enjoy the cooking lessons and the shared sense of humor. Jeff.
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    edited November 2014
    Options
    @JethroVA glad you didn't have any Firewires when your week was sh!tty, we sure don't want to see you hurt yourself  ;)  Kidding aside, hope the new week is better and good luck winning Firewires  :)
    canuckland
  • fusionhq
    Options
    @rtt121‌ wins. Only problem is, we have to meet because I'm not shipping makers.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    I've met a lot of you ladies and gents already. Lots of life long friends have come from this forum. :D Still cannot wait to meet my good buddies @EddieK76‌ and @Griffin‌ in person.
  • rtt121
    Options

@fusionhqI love  that your 1000 post was my winning a bottle of makers. Where are you located? Well split it
  • fusionhq
    Options
    Jax, fl. I didn't realize it was my 1000 post. I owe you a bottle. PM me your address.
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    JIC.
    Just because I know he will be traveling close to my neck of the woods.  I really don't ever expect to meet up with anyone on here, but that's just because I doubt I will ever make it to an Eggfest or anything like that.  There are occasions where I throw myself into the mess of civilization for vacation, but my real preference with my free time is to escape from the rat race, and go where I can enjoy peace & quiet, and enjoy life at a slow and leisurely pace.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options

Dear Santa......

all I want for Christmas ...

Is to NEVER ...have to see this again

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI