Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What adjustable rig setup is right for me?

Options
I'm looking to get an adjustable rig set up for my LBGE this Christmas. Am wondering what I should purchase. I generally cook steaks, chicken quarters, spatchcock chicken and more often than anything pork shoulders and occasionally pork ribs.

I'm looking for something to expand cooking space and also to raise stuff to the felt line.

Any suggestions? Thanks so much.

Comments

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Based on what you said, you should buy the R&B oval Combo with extender. Consider buying and extra oval grate too, especially if multi racks of ribs or two packer cooking is in your future.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • randerson1126
    Options
    Thanks. The website is a little difficult to follow just because I am having a hard time understanding what parts are needed. Appreciate it!
  • TMay
    TMay Posts: 87
    Options

Call the ceramic grill store number and ask for Tom, or tell them what you like to cook. They will hook you up with the right stuff. I stopped by there a few weeks ago and bought what terrebandit suggested plus the slide rack accessory..  I haven't used it all yet but its all top quality stuff.

Rowlett, Texas
  • keepervodeflame
    Options
    Sounds like you want a spider, and an  AR with a 13x17 rib and brisket grate, stone, and rack, along with an extender and sliding D rack. I would also get one or two 16 inch round grates that fit inside the AR's structure. It is also helpful to have some extra support rods. The stuff is definitely not cheap but it certainly works, and will last a long long time if not forever. 
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Yeah, you can get confused on their website. Just buy one of their AR packages that seems to fit your cooking needs. I guarantee you will want to add stuff later. Good luck.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • TMay
    TMay Posts: 87
    Options
    If you buy two oval racks you can just swap positions to maintain even cooking between the levels..
    Rowlett, Texas
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Yes what @Terrebandit said R&B Oval Combo, that is what I have and it will cover everything you said plus some. The oval stone is much better than the plate setter.

Johns Creek, Georgia