Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

TigerTony Turkey Today

Options
TigerTony
TigerTony Posts: 1,078
edited November 2014 in EggHead Forum
I bought three turkeys yesterday. Two 18 pounders and one14 pounder. Thanksgiving Day I'm going to do the two 18 pound turkeys one of them on the Big Green Egg traditional style and the other one I will cook in my oil less fryer.
The small I had the butcher cut the backbone out the small one.
I couldn't wait to cook a spatchcock Turkey.
I set my large Big Green Egg up raised direct and cooked it at 375. it only took 2 hours for the breasts to reach 165 and the thighs were write about 175 .
I did not brine the turkey, I never do and probably never will.
I did rub the turkey down however with some mayo and seasoned with tsunami spin. by the way, I learn the mayo trick from my mother years ago not RRP ;)
My wife cooked a pan of baked macaroni and a corn casserole. One of my daughters baked in Apple blueberry pie with shortbread crust and pecans. One of my other daughters made a chocolate pudding cake. My wife and I both turn 60 this week. Aaaaghhh-scary!
We had all three of my daughters and their husbands and my four little grand-daughters (all under the age of 3)over to eat. It was a wonderful day! We all enjoyed the food. Everything was great! The turkey came out perfect.

imageimageimageimageimage
"I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
New Orleans

Comments