Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quick Cooks

Options
My egg has seen a lot less action lately. I sedto cook 4 nights a week on the egg. Now I'm down to 1. This new job is taking up lots more time. I'm looking for some quick weeknight cooks. Also, the family is growing by one. We've got a baby girl on the way in April. One day ill have free time again!
Mark Annville, PA

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,657
    Options
    Hey man congrats on the little one!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    My egg has seen a lot less action lately. I sedto cook 4 nights a week on the egg. Now I'm down to 1. This new job is taking up lots more time. I'm looking for some quick weeknight cooks. Also, the family is growing by one. We've got a baby girl on the way in April. One day ill have free time again!
    That won't be for a couple of decades.  ~X(
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options

Congrats.

I would do whole chickens. Add a dusting of your favorite rub with some tators and add a second chicken for fajitas or other off night dishes with the left-over chicken.

Another quickie I like is a pork loin. Light egg, cut and rub loin and ready to cook in 10 minutes.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    During the week we do turkey burgers, boneless, skinless (gasp!) chicken breast and pork chops. All direct, usually raised at high(er) temps. Pizzas are also quick after the prep.

congrats on the baby girl. Enjoy the first 10 or so yrs. it's downhill from there. :D
  • cortguitarman
    Options
    Thanks guys. I think I'll start cooking for the week on the weekends. The baby was a bit of a surprise. We already have a set of 4 year old twins!
    Mark Annville, PA
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Congrats! If you could handle two at a time, just one will be no problem. ;)

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Congrats! You're going from man to man to a zone defense :)
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Congratulations @cortguitarman! The more little ones you have the more food you need. My 10 mo. old son eats so much chicken that I have to cook three spatchcocks a week just to try to keep a few leftovers in the house. 
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    The BBQ dragon has been a game changer for me. The egg is ready to cook in under 10 minutes.

Options
    Boneless skinless chicken, pork tenderloin, and brats, sausages, and or burgers, any with grilled veggies, are our go to short cooks.