Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

'tis The Season

Options
We love fruit cake. Collin's Street Bakery in Corsicana, Texas makes really good fruit cake.

We love fruit cake with spirit. Bayou Rum in Lacassine, Louisiana makes really good spirits.

We think they should be introduced. And we did...

imageDSC02260 by springchickentexas, on Flickr

We like for it to percolate for a while - a long while - before we cut into it.

We have a feeling it's going to be really, really good.

We love this time of year.

'tis the Season, you know.

Spring "Well Percolated" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Options
    Homemade fruitcake steeped in spirits for weeks is the champagne to the 7-Up of the usual variety that garners so many jokes this time of year. I made it only once, years ago, and it was fantastic. Perhaps another one is in order. Yours looks wonderful.
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited November 2014
    Options
    We used to get a fruitcake in Houston (25+ years ago) for several years. Made with pecans, chocolate chips, cherrys and was outstanding. I think it was called Yahoo or something like that. Oh, it was in the shape of Texas.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.